1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Outside observations of the Jazz-Rockets series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Apr 20, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Didnt the Jazz win the season series against the Mavs? No wonder the Mavs are showing them so much love

2. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

seriously, if anything, josh howard is overrated himself. :mad:

didn't we nearly beat them TWICE with just tmac himself? and blew them out w/ yao. my goodness.

3. wingz0

wingz0 Member

Somebody should post the clip of Sura 2 seasons back, checking into the game for the sole purpose of teaching Mr Howard a lesson and knocking him down. :D

4. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Because they lost enough games right before the playoff. ;)

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Scotty the Body vying for MINUTES, George Karl talking like he has a team that's been together for a long time, Josh Howard secretly hoping to play Utah rather than Houston.

6. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

"Who the HELL is Chucky Brown?" ........Hmm... It all seems like deja vu........

7. superden

superden Contributing Member

blah blah blah... I don't care.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

....which is ironic because there have been approximately 1 championship team out of the last 25-30 that has not been led by one or more 50 Greatest of all time caliber superstar. (Detroit, 2004). All the rest have come from teams led by guys who rank among the top few players at their position ever. Magic, Bird, Dr, Mo, MJ, Isiah, Dream, Clyde, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Wade - yeah those superstars have a real tough time in May.... :rolleyes:

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

this is pretty much a coinflip series if jazz decides to play how they played earlier in the season. if they play bad then we should win.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Boy, thats some rationalization if I ever heard it. Wishful thinking on all of their parts. They just don't want to face the Rockets and are hoping that the Jazz can somehow pull off a series win. Which they all know won't happen.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Fancy even asking the Mavericks and scrub ex ex Rocket Padgett. What would you expect but negative answers. These are not true outsider opinions.!!

12. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Those Mavs are really scared to see Rockets in the 2nd round.

But do you know you might not be able to see the 2nd round, Josh Howard?

2007: 0-3 vs Warriors

2006: 1-3 vs Warriors

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

god I hate the f*cking mavericks. the only thing worst than the mavericks are mavericks FANS.
    they seriously think they're freaking invincible, and that we have no chance vs them.
    logic and reason completely goes out the window with them, can't wait to see those bastards in round two.

14. choujie

choujie Member

One thing is true: Our bench do suck. None of the guys have a positive +/- on court off court points differential over the season. One of the reason we always lose 4th quarter lead is when starters get tired, nobody else can step up. Motumbo can't score, JHO is nothing without his shots falling, Head can't defend a lick. Nobody can create for himself off the bench, nobody can get to the line off the bench. Only defender off the bench is Deke.

15. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

How is it that none of these quotes take into account that the Jazz have been circling the drain for like 2 weeks, while we have gone, what, 6 of 8 or something?

Karl? Always hated the rockets. Good coach, but known to wear his personal feelings on his sleeve.

Howard? He's just sore that Yao dominates him.

Padgett? Trying not to look like a homer for his old team.

Devean George? Yao ming is inside? I'm not sure, but he may have the best jump shot of the really big men in a long time if not ever.

Raja's assessment seems at least straight up honesty, even if I don't like the conclusion he draws.

Personally , I think this is a good thing, let everyone think that. Let the Jazz read that... hell, someone post that to their site. I have bad news for them. Unless they find themselves between today and tomorrow, I don't like their (Jazz's) chances, and that is speaking without bias as much as I am able.

I also feel like, while they may be a more rounded team, their focus on our superstars puts the onus of the "x-factor" on our roleplayers, not theirs. As I see it, Yao and TMAC balance their "well rounded" roster, and it will be up to one of the many roleplayers we have to make this happen as it should.

All we need now is final confirmation from Barkley how we can't do it, and it will be a done deal for the rockets to stomp a mudhole in the Jazz.

GO ROCKETS!

16. Dei

Dei Member

For some reason, I respect Devin Harris more than I hate him. He's a big PG which I wouldn't mind on the Rockets.

On the other hand...

...douche. I hope you get your ass raped.

17. lustdog

lustdog Member

None of the opinions matters, the only thing I value in the entire article is a former-Rox's inside knowledge of the Rox. That tells us alot.

18. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

rofl josh howard

19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well, they did win 67 freaking games...Seriously though, why should you or anyone else here give a flying "F" what anyone associated with Mavericks says or thinks? And as for logic and reason, have you been reading some of the other posts on this board?

It is what it is. Should both teams win their opening rounds then they will get the opportunity to settle this debate in the 2nd round on the court where it counts.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

There's no way you can actually believe this and if you do then you are seriously deluded. I live in Dallas and let me explain something: the Mavericks don't care about the Warriors, the Rockets, Osama Bin Laden or anyone else. They are focused on one thing and one thing only: winning the championship they feel they pissed away last year. That is the only thing they care about.