1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Out of Time ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ced, Aug 6, 2004.

1. ced

ced Contributing Member

... for a good trade for a pg that is. I know CD wanted to wait and try and find a pg with his trade exp., but that idea is looking more and more difficult.

Don't be suprise to see the Rox sign someone like Bob Sura late, for part of the vet. exp., and use there trade exp. for an extra big body down the line....

I wouldn't really be against that, with the line up of Mac & Ming, Sura could be a nice fit. Other than his BS Triple double, he brings size and a scrappy attitude. The kind of player coach likes. Remember dealing with so-called Bad Boys is Van's specialty.. i.e. Spree...Larry Johnson etc.

I really think this team could really find a nice gell like when the Kings were put together when Weber was traded.

2. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

we could do worse than Bobby Sura (of course we SHOULD be able to do better too)

3. tuan209

tuan209 Member

"his BS triple double"

you dont have to say it like that, you must have forgotten he did get triple doubles in the previous 2 games and then to get 22-9-11 the third night is pretty dam good...you know you'd be tempted to try what he did too, and at least he missed that last shot at the right basket (ricky davis)

anyways i always liked his game, but i dunno if hes really a full time starting PG...on top of that i've read (from this board i think) that hes not the best locker room guy

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Are ya'll kidding around???

5. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

The first half link isn't working

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

We could do a lot worse than a guy who had three straight triple-doubles (Yes, I'm counting the last one. F*ck the League. That was some creative thinking on Bobby's part, unlike dumbass Ricky).

Plus he's tall for a PG, can shoot, and is a pretty good defender. JVG would love him.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Sura has a High Basketball IQ and more Importantly he plays Solid defense. he is the most Attractive Option left.

9. tksense

tksense Member

But he's too slow to bring the court upcourt... that's a pretty big problem because u wont want McGrady to do this too much.
    He's not really an initiator on offense.... at best he can do in passing is to pass around to the right spot.
    After, he might not be a too bad of a fit, but we still wont solve our starting PG problem... In my opinion he's at best a 10min PG 20min SG per game guy.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

all we need from our PG is to bring the ball up court. hit open shots, play some D. and maybe, maybe, once in a while get creative on a fast break.

sura can do that.