1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Out of Curiousity: Who would you trade Harden for Straight Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, May 3, 2016.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jimmy Butler.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Jimmy Butler? The same guy who fights his team mates and trashes his head coaches?

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Colon cancer for prostate cancer. No thanks.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont believe he can be the main guy on a contender, but i cant believe some of the names you guys are saying. davis (injured), klay (overrated), pg (inefficient), BUTLER(better klay w/o the threes)? wtf

so other than lebron, kd and curry, it would be towns and greek freek. low risk, high reward.

harden is vastly underrated even by rockets fans. he takes a beating every game and still a 75+ games a year. past two seasons he's literally been 90% of the teams offense, yes even in last years playoffs. thats a huge underrated part of his time with the rockets. even lebrons first stint with the cavs he had more help than harden.

you want your best player on your team to be your best scorer, not 2nd best. he's still the 4th best scorer behind the obvious 3. and with kd and bron its close.

1 person likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol at anyone who says Jimmy Butler.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

I wouldn't trade him for Curry. Warriors look just fine without him. The Rockets without Harden wouldn't be the #1 pick in this year's draft. Call me crazy.

7. BackdoorHarden

Curry or Durant or Leroy

8. BackdoorHarden

No doubt.

Everyone knows Harden is better than Curry.

The players know, they voted for Harden as the MVP last year.

Curry is just a system player. Even Role Players like Draymond can because MVP on the Warriors.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

first of all how can you trade harden for klay? he cant even hold harden's jockstrap :mad:
    this season has caused some serious mental degradation not just for the players but its fans too. i dont think i've ever hated a player as much as brewer. most of it rational but still

1 person likes this.
  10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Give me Paul George over Harden any day. The guy snapped his leg in half less than two years ago and just finished leading the NBA playoffs in scoring. Even if his shot isn't falling, he at least brings it on the defensive end. He absolutely owned DeRozan defensively.

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I'd trade him for D Wade

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

sure if we can get another scorer as good or better. that usually leads to gutting the team and barely having any decent players. pg aint gonna lead a team to the 'ship.

13. by78

by78 Rookie

I'd trade Harden straight up anyone in the following group: Evan Fournier, Louis Williams, Nicholas Batum, Rodney Hood, and Monta Ellis.

All these players average about 14-15 points per game playing slightly less minutes than Harden. They all play defense so they are about as effective as Harden overall.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

after carrying this team for two straight seasons, including the playoffs, i bet you he's been sleeping in his house since game 5. how can you be mad at him for not playing defense when he has to do everything on offense?

u can be a little mad, i am. but im not gonna act like he should be doing a lot more in addition to what he's been doing for this team.

15. by78

by78 Rookie

You are right... I should be mad at the NBA rules that require the game be played by two teams of five players each.

They should consider revising rules so that five-on-one is allowed... Genius!

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

Waive him straight up and sign Jontro to the Rockets so Jontro can be rich too.

17. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I would do it in a second for the pick that will land Ben Simmons. I'm not sure that I'd do it for anyone else due to age considerations. Harden is the best player you can get at his age that doesn't have any known injury concerns.

18. Harden's beard

https://hoopshabit.com/2016/04/26/chicago-bulls-strange-case-jimmy-butler/

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Players I'd say yes to with no question

Durant
    Lebron
    Curry
    Karl Anthony Towns
    Kawhi Leonard
    Anthony Davis

Players I'd hesitate about but likely decline if only give an hour to decide

Westbrook
    Griffin
    Paul George
    Kyrie

Players I'd say no to (either no good enough or unproven at the moment)

D'Angelo Russell
    Kevin Love
    Klay
    Draymond
    John wall
    CP3
    Butler
    Drummond
    Any European big man
    Any bucks player
    Andrew Wiggins
    Dame