1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Superstars need to play like superstars

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alirules, Oct 11, 2007.

Tags:
  1. sun12

sun12 Member

Only the last 5 minutes count. They just need to play excellent in the last 5 minutes.

2. Risto

Risto Member

He already put the team on his back last year when yao went out.. now u want him to dive for loose balls??!?!? I don't think his back can take much more...

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

I agree they could always play better, but I don't really agree with how you make your point. First Yao is the top 15 every year in shooting... what more do you want, lay off the dude. Tracy is a volume shooter; let me tell you right now he's not gonna shoot over 46%, nor does he need to. Tracy at 44% would be great. Who cares what they're shooting, as long as they're making shots at the ends of games.

They can definitely both become more vocal. However, Yao never takes a night off, ever. His name shouldn't be associated with that. I'm not worried about those two at all; they'll be doing great soon enough.

4. redao

redao Member

If one of them played like a superstar, JVG should have had at least a ring before he was fired.

I'd be happy if they can have better control of their shots no matter what percentage is.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Superstars don't let the opposing team *coughJazzcough* grab all the offensive rebounds they want with the game on the line when your up by 4 in a game 7...

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He did dive a couple of times, its just that he doesnt do in an reckless way, he seems hesitant wanting to dive into the ground, and have 200 pound players jumping on his back

7. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Most everyone seems to think the last few minutes at the end of games makes the difference between winning and losing and I agree. That being said...PLEASE...let's not have Steve Francis making the decisions at the end of games. I know a lot of posters are excited about SF3 back on the team, but I can only envision all of his gaffs at end of games before that cost us game after game. He can make a big shot at the end, so having him out on the court at the end is OK, just not the decision maker...

8. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It's being able to take it as well as dish it out. That's the only way you're going to get respect from the players.
    ~Larry Bird~

Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you're ready to play as tough as you're able to, you'd better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony. And they can tell when you're not giving it all you've got.
    ~Larry Bird~

A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.
    ~Larry Bird~

I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.
    ~Larry Bird~

T-Mac and Yao need to go study Larry Bird tapes and interviews... :cool:

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That's one of my favorite quotes of all time. I had it as my email signature for a loooooooong time.