1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

our record without Dream

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Bob

Bob Member

Hakeem hasn't really played for the last 2 years. The effect of his receiving a paycheck will be at the cost of Taylor, Anderson, and Moochie. So, the real question is - what do you think our record will be with Taylor, Anderson, and Moochie versus our record with Hakeem?

I think the answer is selfevident that we should play better with 3 contributors instead of a guy drawing a paycheck.

------------------

2. sleepyfloyd

sleepyfloyd Member

Cat, I've read a lot of your posts, and I like them, but I think the times when the team was playing together best was when Hakeem was in there clogging up the lane on the defensive end, and that in turn made Francis, Cat, and the others better. Not the other way around.

Look at the Knicks game, which is when most people say the Dream's resurgance really began. The Rockets were down big, and while Hakeem put up good offensive numbers that game, the spark really came from his defense. I think the whole team including Cat, and Wink played better with the dream.

------------------

3. haven

haven Member

Those who believe Hakeem will result in a loss of 5-10 wins are crazy. Sorry, a 12/7 center simply isn't worth that many wins. Look at the # of wins that teams gain/lose from season to season... then look at the players gained/lost. Hakeem's not that big of a difference maker - don't be sentimental.

------------------
    Clutchcity.net... source for all your Rockets, Astros, political, music, humor, and Gordita news.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree with you 1000% SleepyFloyd. It seems that alot of people that post on this board have some very short memories.

------------------

5. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

Those who think that Cato/Collier can come in and do the job that Hakeem did last year in the 2nd half of the season on either side of the court obviously have forgotten what a key role Hakeem played last year in getting the team from 22-25 to 45-37 when he finally started getting minutes.

Asking for this team to make the playoffs next year with Cato/Collier starting is a PIPE DREAM. Just think about how horrible the Rockets were in the first half of last season.

------------------
    Get Cato out of there...

6. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

"Sorry, a 12/7 center simply isn't worth that many wins."
    Haven- Keep in mind he is still twice the defensive player of either Cato or Collier.

Bottom line is Dream is better defensively and offensively than Cato & Collier even at his age.

Now look at Cato play ball. Ok I gave you about 3 seconds, that should have given you sufficient time to mentally replay Cato's hi-lites from last year.
    Now think about Collier's hi-lites, and I don't know about you but the only play that I definetely remember is trading Pryz for him.
    Basically 2 scrubs do not equal an old Dream.

7. sleepyfloyd

sleepyfloyd Member

Just wanted to voice my agreement with this. It may be all the latest rage to complain about Hakeem, and say all the negative things people can bring up.

But there are two sides. The Rockets offer of 4.1 mil was an insult.

I also agree Hakeem has been somewhat unreasonable in this, but let's be fair, and as objective as possible.

------------------