1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If we get the one seed Harden should be unanimous MVP.

That would be the true definition of mvp.

11-14 in 14th Place out of 15 teams 25 games in to the number 1 spot.

Would be quite the achievement.

Tbh that fact that we have the 3 seed outright is pretty remarkable.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just think, what once seemed impossible is now becoming a reality. This fight to the finish could end up better than any of us ezpected!!!! Loving it. Keep moving on up!!

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm getting kind of spooked. Prefer 1995, where we turned it on in the last 15 games.

4. Manos

Manos Member

Puerto Viejo is nice on the south Caribbean side, it also has a nice break. Pacific beaches there are more volcanic, muddier... East coast has prettier, clear water, but not as much if you're looking to surf vs the pacific, which has great surf up and down coast, but crappier beaches

5. Manos

Manos Member

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I just went through the remaining schedules of both teams and I don't see us surpassing Denver, unfortunately. I have both teams losing 5 games going forward, which will result in 52 wins for the Rockets and 55 wins for the Nuggets.

Denver's strength of schedule looks tougher than ours, but that's because the strength of schedule is counting the Pacers as a good team. But with Oladipo out I don't think Denver will lose to them in either game.

Still, a 3 seed is great and I'd be happy to have it. Further, a 3 seed is far from guaranteed given how close the West is and Harden being slowed by his wrist injury, so perhaps I should just focus on us not fading in the standings as opposed to us making a leap.

hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Ok, we've got the hottest winning streak going, and beat the Warriors all 3 times we've played them. We know now we have what it takes to win it all. My hopes for a top seed have now taken a second priority to having us all ready and healthy come playoffs. Rest James, rest Paul, and keep doing it until playoffs. Lets go into round 1 with the best we can be health wise, and just knock them all out!!!!! To rest players now is much more of a show of condidence that others will fear, and a smart move for oh so many reasons..

#167 deb4rockets, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We are only two games behind them and we get to play them again at home and would have the tie breaker because of our h2h. We are going to catch Denver unless something crazy happens. We are just that much better than they are.

9. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Denver have a 4 game road trip coming up and they are not a great road team. They could have dropped both Celtics and Pacers games in that trip, with Wizards and Knicks being two trap games.

Manos likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We'll see. Going through each team's schedule, it's not as easy to see exactly where we make the jump, at least for me.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Denver has 7 more road games that I could see easily being losses. Assuming Portland and Utah have something to play for late in the season when the Nuggets visit them both.

If they lose those 7 and the Rockets do no worse than 11-4 the rest of the way including beating Denver in Toyota Center later this month, both teams finish 53-29 with us having the tiebreaker.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I certainly hope you're right but I don't see them faltering that much, and it's possible that CP3 will need some rest at some point and Harden's wrist being an issue.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Tamarindo had a really nice beach and clean water with loads of shells. Samara was more scenic and less touristy but the water had more sticks and logs which made swimming not near as nice. Both had lots of iguanas all around the beach. But both were great in their own way. I love the Caribbean side though for the jungle beach feel and bluer water. Takes a lot longer to get here though. But, I've seen Toucans and sloths here without even going on a jungle hike. Lots of monkeys too. Both coasts I would say have plenty of positive attributes, but for a low key beaching it day with plenty of shade trees to relax under I like this side better from where I have been. People say it isn't safe but I don't sense any difference that worries me.

Manos likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Looking as if based solely on win loss record. The Rockets is not even one of the Thunder’s six hardest remaining games lol

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ReverseBjorn

ReverseBjorn Member

Call me crazy but I think the plan for a championship is to play Golden State and beat them right away. I say we win tomorrow's game and shut it down the rest of the way. Rest harden and Paul, get the bench fired up and primed for a successful play off run. Get that 8th or 7th seed so we meet golden state in the first round. Why not?? We have their number, our boys will be healthy and hungry, and we build momentum from the very start of the playoffs . The only problem I see with this plan is that we lose our home court advantage and harden probably doesn't win MVP.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Championship is more important than MVP.
    Most posters believe that Chris Paul will be fully healthy for 4 consecutive months. He does not need the rest.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

IT less Denver is playing much better.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as they dun play Isaiah more than 3-4 minutes, it is doubtful they lose that much.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

unfortunately, it looks like the nuggets have smartened up. I was hoping coach malone didnt have the balls to do this :(

its looking unlikely we catch the nuggets now.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

but i thought the cf's narrative was not to have a 8 man rotation which is what Coach Malone is doing. Now it's considered smart? awesome