1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. jowman

jowman Member

Go for the 3rd. We need DEN to beat Portland twice. They are the only threat they play besides OKC.

2. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

I am calling it now. If the Warriors lose to the Celtics tonight, the Rockets will come all the way back and grab the #1 seed. :)

D-rock, hakeem94, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Is this regarding our ability to play against the Warriors? I think Clark/PJ is gonna play that 3/4 role that you speak of. Remember, Faried is gonna play starter mins although coming off the bench So we really don’t have a need for PJ at the 5 anymore...I like our roster as is when Healthy. We have a lot of interchangeable parts. PJ, Faried, Gordon, Harden, Rivers, Clark, Green, can all play multiple positions on offense and guard multiple positions on defense

D-rock and deb4rockets like this.
  4. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I’d prefer the second seed. Would be okay with a split, as long as GS beats Denver twice

D-rock, bj3175 and deb4rockets like this.
  5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

We got this.

D-rock and deb4rockets like this.
  6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Na I don't see that. A lose by gsw I see. But no way we making up that many games. N I'm a big homer I'll take 3 n 2 if we super lucky

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now you are talking!!!!!

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Man, I get to Costa Rica and add the cherry on top of getting to some warm weather I see we won again and Green light Green was hot from the bench. I'm loving it! I'm gonna get back next month and hopefully see us in the 2 seed when playoffs start .now that would be sweet!!! Keep the posts coming because I'm gonna miss this race to the best seed we can get.

9. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Yeah its a VERY longshot granted. We'll know pretty quick though.

GSW next 5:

Denver
    Phoenix
    Houston
    OKC
    San Antonio

If the W's lose tonight and the Rockets can put together a long winning streak (15 games give or take - which they did twice last year when healthy), the Rockets should pull within 2 - 3 games and own the tie breaker.

To be honest, I just want the Rockets to make it close enough that the media has to acknowledge that it's a possibility. That will seal the deal for Harden's MVP chances.

I'll take the #2 spot with homecourt againt the Nuggets while the W's play the winner of OKC / Portland / Utah (whoever ends up 4 & 5)

10. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

At the time of my message, I didn’t know who I would have rather faced...I think Portland is dangerous, although I know we can take advantage of some mismatches. I just don’t Trust Lillian’s...He’s so hungry...and of course “history” lol... but honestly as of today I would say Portland.

Typing this made me think about how OKC would look if they replaced Westbrook with Dame. I think they would be more dangerous.

But anyway, As of now, with the way Deven has been playing, and the way we are hitting a Stride, I think the 2 spot is highly attainable. From what I have been seeing on the defensive end from this team these past few game, I honestly think we can go on a major run(Faried coming back with help with lingering rebounding issues). If and when we Beat GS again. Our whole narrative is gonna change. This is almost Turing out to be one of my favorite seasons of the Harden era.

hakeem94, deb4rockets and coyotetex like this.
  11. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

A win against GS will have the media talking about it, but I think I’m with you. the 2 spot. I would love to see Denver in the semis. If they make there.

But in the back of my mind, I also think about playing GS in the semis. With Logic of let just play them early while we know CP3 is healthy, and before they get into that Championship Zone...

hakeem94 and coyotetex like this.
  12. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

Do you want to edit this?

D-rock likes this.
  13. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Honestly, I want the Warriors in the WCFs again. That is the marquee matchup. I don't want to beat the W's in the 2nd round and then risk a let down in the WCFs.

hakeem94, joshuaao and RealRocFan47 like this.
  14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I understand, Last year was really the Finals when we played GS. But considering that they are really our only obstacle, just knocking them out regardless of which round we be so amazing. They have knocked us out of the Playoffs I think 4 times since Harden has been here. I just want to play them with a Healthy roster in a 7 game series...And honestly if we did beat GS in the 2nd, with that momentum, I doubt any other team in the West could beat us.

15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just beating the Warriors in the 2nd round would give me some pleasure knowing that their fans and that LA media market wouldn't get the satisfaction of getting to see them in the finals once again. Just the shock and awe factor would be so gratifying for someone like me who would love nothing more than to see that team of All Stars not even make the NBA Finals.

D-rock and RealRocFan47 like this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just beating the Warriors in the 2nd round would give me some pleasure knowing that their fans and that LA media market wouldn't get the satisfaction of getting to see them in the Finals once again. Just the shock and awe factor would be so gratifying for someone like me who would love nothing more than to see that team of All Stars not even make the NBA Finals. Donkey and smug faced Curry going down would be sweet!

RealRocFan47 and hakeem94 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You dun have to call it, it's within the realm of possibilities.

That said, expect Bogut to roughen other teams up.

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I just love that we have the hottest winning streak going in the NBA! What a difference a healthy Harden, CP3 and Clint make!!! That and our other guys stepping it up a notch is exciting. With Rivers and Faried as a bonus on top of last year's bench I see the light at the end of what seemed a dark dismal tunnel awhile back.

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  19. Bids9

Bids9 Member

I look forward to seing what the narrative will be for why James wont win the MVP then. Guess they will drag out the true and tried 'but he dosent play defense' card as that seems to be their regular fallback option.

coyotetex likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

7 in a row baby! We are the hottest team right now. Keep moving on up!

D-rock likes this.