1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, but I did expect us to beat OKC with those 4 healthy. What I didn't expect was so little effort to snag offensive rebounds. There really is no excuse for allowing OKC 18 offensive rebounds and only getting 9. There is also no excuse for allowing 5 of their players to get 2 or more offensive rebounds, and everyone except Tucker and Clint getting 1 or less. We need more hustle and effort.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not as focused on our teams offensive rebounds. They seem to happen regardless of complete effort at times just because of the type of shots we take.

But the defensive rebounding indeed can be hit or miss.

That's part of what you get when you're PF is PJ Tucker. Bless his heart he tries, but he had 3 defensive rebounds in 30 minutes.

hakeem94 and B-Bob like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We can't alk
    My point was what you said. We can't allow any team to get 18 offensive rebounds. We need to be grabbing more of those on defense. That means hustling more from other players too.

As for us missing 14 shots in the 4th quarter, just a total choking under pressure. Not good.