1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think a 10-2 finish would be enough.

2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Forget the 2 seed. I don’t see anything from the nuggets to suggest they will suddenly start losing games. There just isn’t enough games left to come back from 3 games down. As long as we hang on to the 3 seed we are golden. It’s hard to see this team losing to any of the seeds below us if healthy, and we match up well with the nuggets so.... I see conference finals minimum of healthy

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you there. Staying healthy is so important for us to really have a chance. Cousins is getting better the more he plays and with Durant that team is so loaded its sickening. This will be their last year to keep all those stars. I want nothing more than to beat that loaded team in the Finals if we get that far.

4. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

All we need is for them to lose 2 games without us losing and then beat them in our last game with them and then we could control our destiny because we would have the HCA against them.....

chadyang, D-rock and rhee like this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I agree with the Count. Must keep 2 of Faried, Rivers and House, preferably all three. I hope those guys are not asking for lottery numbers, but if reasonable Tilman should commit to the championship run and sign them.

Have we had this group from the onset, we would be looking at the #1 seed again with 60+ wins, easy.

The current roster is MUCH more talent than last year's team. Need these last 13 games to fix the holes -- I am encouraged that MDA and the players recognize how lame these 3rd quarters of games have been.

Winning a championship against the Worriers can be done, but must fix all weaknesses. Guys that don't get the defensive switching scheme hurt our system and should take a seat until they figured.

Lube that machine!!!

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If they lose tonight, that puts us 3 losses behind with a head to head.

They have @ GS, @ OKC, @Utah and two against Portland. There's no reason to forget about the 2 seed.

#206 sammy, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They barely just beat the Pacers at home. The @ Indy game can be a loss also

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its not just about them losing, the rockets will have to go almost undefeated from here out. that is asking a lot, especially when we really should rest harden some games. the most important thing is to just maintain. home court only matters in the event of a game 7. i do not believe it would take us 7 games to beat the nuggets.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

2 seed is easy.
    Golden States are trying hard to defeat any playoffs teams in the west.
    GS, Rockets, Jazz, Blazers and Thunder can beat Nuggets .

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the nuggets can beat the jazz, blazers, and thunder easily. they have owned OKC this year. i think people should stop overrating the jazz and blazers. kanter and hood don't make THAT much of a difference. utah is a one star team. anytime mitchell isnt efficient from the field its a struggle for them. they are tied for 8th seed for a reason.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agreed. I guarantee that the Rockets are eyeing 2nd seed if not the first seed.

No reason to play for 3rd, that is a loser's mentality. Need team to be focused on playoff basketball with only handful of games left in regular season.

12. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Jokic did get kicked out early in the Indy game, but I agree that the Pacers are tough

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking we were gonna finish the year 23-0 until the warriors loss, so why can’t we go undefeated? I mean we got Danuel House Jr. According to this board he’s better than Lebron James, he might be the second best player in nba behind James Harden.

14. astros123

astros123 Member

We still play denver heads up and our rest of season schedule is easier then Denver

15. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

wasn't early, there was less than 5 minutes in the game

16. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

Denver lucking out against Mavs and Pacers. It will get back to them and they will lose some close games, getting buzz beater-ed on. I can see it.

17. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the bottom line is they won. they always find ways to get it done. i dont expect that to change much coming down the stretch

18. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

you're right, he was ejected at the 2:56 mark in the fourth

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Go Spurs!

20. HROZ

HROZ Member

Do we want Warriors to lose?

What happens if they become the 2 seed?
    I don't really want them in the 2nd rd