1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our race for a playoff spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 1, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he plays 9 guys..... IT is being benched because morris is simply better than he is. he is a midget, and chucker. he isn't playing within the offense, and obviously is a defensive liability. it has nothing to do shortening the sake of shortening it. they started losing games once he came back into the rotation. stop trying to start arguments your act is really old.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

coach Michael Malone indicated after the game that he’s trying to settle in on an eight-player rotation.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/03/...chael-malone-nuggets-timberwolves-nba-future/

try doing some research first

“It’s never about Isaiah. It’s never about any individual,” Malone explained. “It’s about what I think is best for our team. And I made the decision to shorten the rotation, only played eight guys in the first quarter. And I’m going to continue to do that for the time being.”

coyotetex likes this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

of course its about Isaiah..... if he was better, he wouldnt be benched period. why not morris ? because he is better. IT is the vet, and former MVP candidate. you think a guy like that would be in the rotation. he isnt because he makes them worse.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

All could very well be true, however the key here is Malone is going to an 8 man rotation and for the forseeable future. Something obviously ridiculed time and time again

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The next 3 or 4 games are going to be really interesting with OKC, Spurs, and Utah. Watch the shuffle for spots move around.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Spurs are on a roll. It wouldn't surprise me to see them end up in the 4 spot. I hope they beat down the Warriors this week.

OKC could drop 2 more of their next 3 if Toronto has something to say about it. I'm sure the Jazz fans would love to move ahead of OKC before this race for spots is over.

Sidarma likes this.
  7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

How does the seeding work for the 2nd rd? Which seeds play which for 2nd rd? I like the current standings of Rockets/Spurs 1st rd.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, 8 isn't considered a short bench. 7 is and there were times, and lengthy times MDA used 7 guys in relevant and irrelevant regular season games.

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

1 vs 8
    ————— 1/8 vs 4/5
    4 vs 5
    —————————————1/8/4/5 vs 2/7/3/6
    2 vs 7
    ————— 2/7 vs 3/6
    3 vs 6

zcarenow and deb4rockets like this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

If I hear one more media person tell me that okc is some sort of threat to anyone let alone GS I’m gonna lose it.

I’ve been hearing the last few weeks that okc is this bigger threat than houston because of their length and defense.

Houston is better at D than okc at the very least defending GS and houston can score with GS.

We’ve seen it for years now houston can get down or up on GS by 15-20 points and both teams can come back that’s how evenly matched houston and GS are.

Make no sense because they have legit 3 allstars 2 being top 5 players and mvps and then throw in donkey and cousins yet somehow harden and cp3 make it happen with the gang.

Houston is the only team that can beat them point blank period take that SAS, u idiot.

Okc getting bounced in the first round again mark my words. Russ can’t be trusted in big games.

7 points tonight against the warriors without kd? Cmon dude is garbage.

joshuaao, YOLO, lilbird20 and 7 others like this.
  11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

OKC is about to spiral down to the 6th or 7th seed. Denver has a lot of games left against the top 8 seeds in our conference, and will be the biggest game changer in the shuffle of our top 8 teams. Its going to get interesting for sure.

hakeem94, Chamillionaire and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

#6 in the league overall and #3 in the west.

To think if we started the season just a LITTLE better, we probably would be #1 right now in the west and harden would be a lock for mvp.
    Hopefully we land the #2 seed.

deb4rockets and justtxyank like this.
  13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is the problem that we'll have again next year without continuity. Racing from way back instead of the pole position. A new set of reserves or perhaps a couple of starters take time to develop cohesion.

Sajan and deb4rockets like this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

#2 seed is tough.

If the Nuggets finish 9-5 we'd have to go 11-1 to tie them in the standings. If we go even 9-3 they can basically be .500 down the stretch and still hold the #2 seed.

Right now I'm more focused on not falling out of 3rd.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Same.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. justtxyank

The Nuggets DO have a difficult schedule down the stretch. I actually wrote up a piece on it but didn't finish it. They play every other playoff team except the Clippers at least once, play each of the top 5 seeds on the road, play Portland twice and I think 9 of their final games are on the road. It's certainly POSSIBLE that they finish something like 7-7 in their final 14 but seems unlikely.

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

We'll have a better idea by the end of the week. If the Rockets can sweep this week which is not unthinkable(@ATL, @MEM, SAS, NOP) and Denver loses at Boston and Indiana, we'd be a game back in the standings and only 2 back in the loss column with a game remaining against the Nuggets at Toyota Center. And oh BTW, Denver still has to travel to OKC, Golden State, Portland, and Utah and play at home against the Spurs and Blazers.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why do people always have to bring race into everything....

Icehouse, Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

My take is that the road to the Western finals will be more challenging than last season. No guarantee that both GS and Houston will be there.

hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  20. justtxyank

Absolutely. Its possible, but unlikely. We have to win nearly every game.

deb4rockets likes this.