1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Championship window is closing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Jul 17, 2015.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Exactly, the Rockets suffered because they put all their eggs in the YaoMac basket, and here you are again wanting us to put everything on Dwight Howard balky knees. What if the Rockets did what you asked and Dwight's bum knee causes him to get injured again? We'd still not win a ring, except we lost a talent like KJ for nothing.

I can understand why you feel frustrated but at this point I think Morey and his FO deserve the benefit of the doubt, where were you last year when the season started? You're giving crap about Morey for letting JSmith go but honestly wasn't he the one that brought him and Brewer midseason?

You need to relax and see what the season has to offer first, it hasn't even started and yet you are already hyperventilating LOL. As we saw last year, the most impactful trades happen at the trade deadline. Last year if you told somebody the Rox would finished 2nd in the WCF and in the playoffs everybody would have laughed, that's because these people always expect the team that starts the season will be the exact roster that enters the playoffs. Why don't you see how the team performs first before you start falling apart all over the place lol.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow. I regret answering your replies seriously, you are obviously a ****ing troll. Who do you think got Harden, Howard, Ariza etc? Is that the result of laid back GM? Seriously people who think Morey is incompetent and should be fired after the Rox just got their best result in the last 20 years are either stupid or trolling.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Didn't the Rockets get Josh Smith right after he played so badly Detroit cut him from the team and ate his contract?

Isiah Thomas can dish and assist but he's bad defensively and he can't shoot, he is several levels below Dragic they are not the same caliber at all. Not only that what would it take to get Isiah Thomas? He costs money to have on the team, if we got him then we can't pay Beverly and Brewer and would have let them walk. If Nate Robsinon was such a proven veteran how come nobody has signed him to this day? I mean this guy is still available now which means no other team wants him but according to you he's good enough that the Rockets would have used him?

Llull has a lot of experience, just because you are ignorant of the Euroleague doesn't mean he sucks, a lot of people (not just the Rockets) think he is good enough to flourish in the NBA. Being a veteran or rookie in the NBA has nothing to do with talent, Townes hasn't even played an NBA game yet he is immediately way better than hasheem Thabeet who is an NBA vet with 5+ years of NBA experience.

4. hakeemthagreat

Yes it was one of his better moves actually. But hes also passed on quite a few players that could've helped us. Plus Dwight's the one who really pushed for Josh. That move was more to appease your superstar. Notice the trash offer we gave him? That's a reminder how much Morey valued Smith

Well let's be clear, you're Morey's most die hard supporter on here. Im convinced you'll run through a brick wall for him.
    You will personally endorse ANY move he makes, even if its resigning Moochie Norris or Bryce Drew

My point with Llull is regardless of how good hes in the euroleague, he didn't deserve that contract Morey offered. Guys like Thomas are at least proven solid contributors. Llull hasn't done anything but we're offering him more than Josh Smith? I think hes a overrall good GM

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

If you are invested as much as the Rockets are in Dwight Howard at this point in his career, your window is short. I don't see how that can be disputed. That doesn't mean it can't be extended, but that would require a reallocation of resources.

6. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

You guys really remind me of those brainwashed Commie-loving Chinese mainlanders I've encountered who think democracy is evil. Morey has been selling his bull**** ever since he got here. Flexibity, draft picks, assets etc. I've had enough of his bluff. When will you guys realize these are just propaganda? Flexibility doesn't win championships and it is holding our team back! I just hate the idea of betting on cap flexibility and wait for the third star.

Now that Morey just totally eliminated the option of bringing help via FA market. What do we do now? Are we just going to punt 2016 and just wait for Durant?

7. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

He passed on a lot of players who could have helped us tremendously. Rodney Stuckey, Darren Collison, Evan Turner, Mo Williams, Isaiah Thomas, etc. We could have gotten them on the cheap but instead we got Prigioni and let a golden opportunity slipped away because Morey chose future flexibility over winning immediately. He was just very lucky to have Josh came over otherwise we wouldn't have beaten the Clippers.

Flexibility is what got us Harden and Dwight. But now that we already had 2 solid foundation pieces, we should bet on our stars, not flexibility. We are heading towards the wrong direction.

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

This. The fact that he's willing to offer scrubs like Llull, Papanikolaou and McDaniels more money than Smoove just pisses me off.

9. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

Yes. To win a championship you have to take a risk. Like I said, last year was a golden opportunity but Morey blew it.

It's actually the other way around. We've lost a lot of talent because of scrubs like KJ.

Our PG rotation was a joke at the beginning of the season and still a joke at the end of the season. He did nothing to fix the problem. Brew was solid addition but getting Josh was just pure luck. Most of his FA signings were terrible.

Last year, we were equipped with a potential lottery pick, a solid young player in T-Jones and expiring contract. We were in an excellent position. But then the trade deadline came and went and we ended up with Prigioni.

10. PointZero

PointZero Member

There is no championship window at this point.

Rockets were a point guard away from the NBA Finals.

Then Morey decided to throw it all away and rebuild with Sam Dekker and cheap, unproven second round picks (KJ McDaniels) after refusing to re-sign the team's clutch 29 year old 6'9" starting power forward whose skills cannot be replaced.

11. PointZero

PointZero Member

... and Morey still doesn't have a point guard for this team when he could have just drafted one instead of his 3rd string small forward, Dekker, who'll play behind Ariza and Brewer. What a genius.

1 person likes this.
  12. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

It just reopened

13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Dude you're an idiot. How can you talk so much **** about Morey? He's landed Lawson, Harden, Howard in four years. And he dodged the Parsons bullet throughout it all and picked up Ariza on one of the best contracts in the NBA. You have no credibility. I'm sorry.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This thread is closing.

1 person likes this.
  15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LMFBO Repped my man.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The window is broken now it won't close

17. trigun333

trigun333 Member

Busted WIDE open

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

morey is smarter then almost all GM's. dodging the nene/gasol bullet is still the best thing that has happened to him though.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

We should move this thread into the Mavs forums. This would be right for them

20. do work son

do work son Member