1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Championship window is closing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Jul 17, 2015.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Closing? our championship window has not opened yet. The rockets are not the top team in the West even in last year.

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

All the other GMs hates Morey.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Great post. People also need to account his trade ratio of bust to asset.It is ridiculously high and its negating this franchise. People here cheer for management and defend it more than our players. Backward ass fanbase the lives mediocre

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

We are all dying

5. dwhite

dwhite Member

Phoenix begged Morey to take Isiah Thomas instead of Dragic and only wanted this year's draft pick and Morey turned them down for Priglioni. Thomas' 20 ppg could have taken us over the top, but yet another critical error by our GM and we are still searching for a starting caliber PG.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, lol, it could be a lot worse... We still have Harden and next year is the year of real Free Agency, if Houston does ****ty there and Les refuses to spend then sure you can say the window is closing.... But as long as Harden is in a Rockets jersey I feel like we're still going to be fine.

I mean imagine if Houston adds Durant or some 3rd star and then also gets Josh back (you know since the sky is falling... I mean people act like we got ****ed like the mavs..), that would basically allow the Rockets to immediately smash the window...

Everyone thought the sky was falling last year too, but the Rockets went further than most of our so called "fans" believed.

7. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Morey has not done well with getting PG for the team.

I would take Isiah....Morey sucks!!

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like it has already ended in alot of ways. I don't think Dwight will play the inspired Basketball we saw when JSmith was here with him. We just indirectly slapped Dwight in the face once again. First with Parsons, then with this....

Bye Dwight

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol in the end all this means nothing

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if there's one person on this team that understands the full nature of the NBA as a business and all that goes along with it it's Dwight. Dwight playing inspired basketball because of Smith? umm no

11. SemisolidSnake

Ehhh, this is the Rockets. Most of us likely didn't expect to even beat the Clips in the season, much less beat them in the Western Conference semis. We were all freaked out out last summer, then Morey got us Brewer and Smith later, and that really helped.

My concern about a championship window closing is that things are hyper-competitive, and we're still as a team nearly last in turnovers and free throw percentage in the NBA...consistently. We shoot more threes than anyone, but have middling and inconsistent accuracy with it. We don't have any offensive structure, can't hit layups when it matters, and our defense chooses when it wants to show up. To me, all of this represents a window that's already half-closed before the beginning of any season, regardless of the players. If they fix these things, the window will open more and stay open. However, if they don't fix them, the window will continue to slowly close under its weight. If you get a star, but don't correct any of the general flaws, the window opens a bunch initially, but will continue to slide down toward closed as time goes on.

If we have one more season with all those flaws from last year in full effect, I think the window's going to be nailed shut along with the door that any stars might walk through.

12. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

We're building around Harden. If he is healthy, the team is good. The rest of the team are just role players. Kind of kidding, but kind of serious

13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Every player in that lineup is significantly better at offense than defense. When put together I would think that makes for a terrible defensive squad. Then there are numerous other question marks. Melo - Knee, age KD - foot, DMO - back, Ty - alcohol. KD at the 4?

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Check this dude's posting history. It's hilarious.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

other teams be like

[​IMG]

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think half the fanbase is just satisfied with getting past the 2nd round... while the rest are worrying about not winning a chip next year.

17. RESINator

RESINator Member

Our window has not been open since the days of Hakeem.

18. PointZero

PointZero Member

Josh Smith's career numbers:

15.1 points 7.7 rebounds 3.2 assists 1.3 steals 2.0 blocks

Terrence Jones and Donatas Montiejunas will never sniff any of these numbers.

Not one single category.

Rockets are replacing a rare, multi-skilled, fleet-footed, point/power forward with a couple of run-of-the-mill, lead-footed bums.

19. PointZero

PointZero Member

I agree. The Championship window has closed because Morey thinks he can build a championship team with Sam Dekker and 2014 second round pick KJ McDaniels.

Morons don't build Championships. They just don't. Take a look at the Lakers under Jim Buss spoiled brat son who inherited the team fron his daddy the late Dr. Jerry Buss.

20. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Harden has games in the playoffs that seems he given up. I neven seen mj or eVen kobe give up on any game. Harden is more like Melo. Lebron is not in the level of MJ or Kobe but better than harden.