1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our big "hole" at PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chuck_Ferrari, Jul 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Another reason we should have kept AB

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Need another perimeter ball handler.

Harden can't handle the rock all the time and Ariza is best kept away from being a shot creator

Maybe TJONES?? ;)

He got some slick handles at times.

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

this is our biggest hole for sure.
    why we didn't chase after chalmers? he would be a great fit for us.
    I also really like ricky rubio (and his salary), wonder what Minnesota are asking for him.
    Don't think we have a chance of getting dragic or bledsoe but those two would be yum-yum

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Isaiah thomas avg 20 & 6 and signed for 6.5 mil a year. Too bad morey was all in on bosh at the time

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

chalmers re-upped with miami.

I wouldn't mind bringing brooks back (again).

I'm bullish on Canaan though. He looked lost out there the few times he did play, but hopefully with more experience he gets comfortable with the pace of the game. He's got some bulk that he needs to learn how to use on defense. If he gets that down and continues to shoot threes, that right there is good enough to play back up.

6. treeman

treeman Member

James Harden is our PG. We just need a body for the bench.

7. Postcall

Postcall Member

You guys can throw 13 million at Bledsoe right why not do it? You need a starting pg Bev is a good backup.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jameer is a better passer than Aaron, and he can shoot a bit too. His defense isn't too bad either.

I wouldn't mind having Brooks back. I was considering picking up Mo Williams for his scoring, but I think Jameer will get more assists.

I would be very happy with Dragic. We don't have the assets for him.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure he could be had for a vet min offer. Not like teams are clamoring to get him.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Suns will match for sure. I like Bledsoe even more than Lowry, but his knee injury history is troubling.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

This, with Kobe it works, why not with Harden? Sign Ray Allen or other vet who can shoot 3's and we can play Harden as PG at the start and then when vet tired just bring Beverley of the bench and Harden plays SG

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no to start. beverley isnt even a real pg, or sg. i dunno what kinda guard he is. we need more ball handlers sicne we only have one with harden. nelson had back to back career high 7apg seasons. if they can split minutes it would be a good enough pg rotation to compete with. of course i'd rather sign him for 3m or w/e i dunno what he's asking for. chalmers got a 10m/2yr deal.

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

I agree...bring Llull over