1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OUCH - No love for Novak

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Hayesfan, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Tim Kawakami considered yourself WARNED you are on the list.

Now I have to go to the bay area to smack this guy upside his head. That +- stat is meaningless why the poor guy plays for a crap team like the Clippers.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Novak is a bad defender. It's hard to dispute that.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I agree, to an extent. I don't think that the +/- stat is the end all be all, but he did have really poor on court/off court numbers for us last season too.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

His negative number is so bad because he didn't start getting a lot of playing time until Baron Davis, Randolph, and Camby all got hurt.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Novak is pathetic. Kaman, BD, Z-Bo and Camby all had to get hurt for him to be on the court. If he's in the rotation, your team is one of the worst in the league.

Novak should be a circus performer. He would excel in that type of environment. I bet he could hit 30 three-pointers in a row.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Novak is terrible. I remember watching a game last year against the Jazz ( I think it was the game right before the 22 game streak started) and he was getting abused and I think the few minutes he was in the Jazz blew it wide open.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i know he is a bad defender this guy is using the +- stat though as the indicator as to why he is playing bad defense which is a poor indicator since that clippers team is ridiculously terrible after all the injuries they have had.

novak is a bad defender to begin with and then he is a mismatch really anywhere.

at 6'10 he is too big and slow to guard SFs in the league

then even at 6'10 he is way to light to bang underneath with the PFs and undersized centers in the league.

the guy doesnt get on the court because he can play defense.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Novak is so bad that even clutchfan members can hoop all over him.

10. lalala902102001

Novak is so bad that even clutchfan members' half-blind grandmothers can hoop all over him.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

he should probably just keep being 1 of about 500 people on the planet that play in the nba.

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Novak is so bad that William Hung's rendition of She Bangs could hoop all over him.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wrote about this already. He'll give up 4 points before his team scores. By the time he gets a three the other team might have already scored 8 on 5 trips down the court. I really really dont get why it is...but my own eyes saw the negative impact it had on the ENTIRE Clippers defense. Rotations get all out of whack, jump shooters get left open when people have to help on double teams. He either needs to get stronger or get even lighter turning himself into a poor mans Wally Szcerbiak.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Novak is so bad that even TMac can hoop all over him. ;)

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Novak is so bad that Charles Barkley's grandmother would drop 25 points on him, his mother would drop 45 on him.

16. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Novak is so bad that somebody's memory is messed up. :eek:

Sorry bro you couldn't be more wrong by picking this game to bash Novak.

I also watched the same game and I remember Yao didn't play due to flu. My impression after the game was that this could be Novak's breakout game in his young NBA career.

I checked the box score and game flow just to make sure. Novak was perfect 4-4 from the field including a pair of three-pointers. During a 5-minute stretch in the 3rd quarter he almost single-handedly brought the Rockets from 7-point down to 3-point lead. In fact Novak was the only Rocket who was + in the +/- column that night. He did OK in the next game too, but for some reason was not more used by Adelman in subsequent games.

I guess to most people the Novak's only memorable feat as a Rocket is the game winning shot vs Sac with 2 seconds left during the 22-game winning streak last season. I think, however, the Utah game actually showed more of his promise.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Too much hate in this thread. I will always love Novak for that shot :D

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Novak's problem isn't just his defense. Other than his shooting, he is a terrible offensive player. He's not good at setting screens, he doesn't pass well, he can't dribble or drive, he has no first step, and he can't post up.

19. 1individual

1individual Member

Who cares about him, he's history.

20. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Why don't we start a "Novak's defense is so bad..." thread :D