1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oscar Torres, can we resign him?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, May 8, 2003.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't know why the Rockets let him go, he moves without the ball, played solid defense and had a decent shot.

He would have been lights out playing with Ming.

I think we should bring OT back....

DD

2. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

3. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have any problem with Oscar, but signing him will not solve what ails the Rockets.

4. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Oscar is a hard one to pin down. He looked great when Cat was out last year, but then he regressed to ______!

Towards the end of the season, he seemed to do to much with the ball. It sometimes looked like he was so quick, he would leave the ball behind, resulting in stupid turnovers.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

we do not need oscar torres.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be nice if that was all Rox needed -- signing an Oscar Torres.

Sure, bring him in if you want. But also bring in some real help -- I want to be 'still playing' this time next year!

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You know, I've been thinking the same thing. Not a savior, but he does look like he has the size, the defense and the shot we've been seeking.

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

It was funny how people said Cat didn't have a backup, but they cut Torres. No reason in the world why Cat played the 2nd most minutes in the league.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well Torres was beat by Hawkins for the backup 2 spot. If Hawkins couldn't get floor time, why would Torres?

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If Mobley is traded and Francis is moved to the 2, would you rather have Oscar or Hawkins as the backup 2?

11. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

I agree. Don't want him back. He and Hawkins are like the same. Don't get to play anyway.

JoeBarelyCares, I believe I would rather have Juaquin Hawkins. :)

Torres....I'd rather get Earl Boykins!

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

as a last resort for a backup 2 for steve assuming we move cuttino, oscar would be great. how was his work ethic? thats all we really need on this team

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

wait i changed my mind. how old is pete chilcutt now? :D probably wicked old but ehhh id take him faster than you could say "chilly pete for three! yes!"

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Rox are so good that we are worried about the #12 roster spot (or is it #15?). Keep the Hawk. Even add OT, it's OK. But, please, bring in some players and someone to put them in the right places!

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

The Rocketys will not be any better than last year, even with OT, if the Coach doesn't change the type of game that his team plays. It might mean trading both Francis and Mobley to make a clean break with the lethargy that pervades the Rockets team .

16. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Damn Dadda, still with the "bring back OT" stuff. I truly believe you are on the wacky tabbacci. Put down, put it down.

17. Sane

Sane Member

Well Cat won't be here next year, so I guess a backup 2 is in order, considering Steve will occasionally shift back to the 1.