1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oscar Robertson thinks Carmelo Anthony should come to the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealAllpro, Apr 24, 2014.

1. HPD

HPD Member

Nothing to c here

2. vernonmaxwell11

i'm asking because i don't know, but would melo be a better fit on this team than harden?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

They aren't getting rid of Harden.

This isn't a Harden or Carmelo situation. You can debate whether adding Carmelo to Harden, Howard is a good idea or not but they're not swapping or getting rid of Harden.

4. vernonmaxwell11

my question is can they all survive together?

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

egriffin1, are you aware that this is old news, there is a very extensive thread on this board about the exact same topic, and there's even a clutchfans article written (after the Woj report) about the prospect of Melo coming here?

6. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

are you aware that I did not post it for your approval, nor for your reply?

if you do not want to reply, please feel free to not do so! I promise you that you won't be hurt if you simply move to the next thread.

You cats kill me! IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO REPLY OR FEEL THE NEED TO REPLY, MOVE THE HELL AROUND! I can guarantee feelings will not be hurt!!!

7. bmd

bmd Member

The Heat made 3 scorers work... why couldn't the Rockets?

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You didn't answer my question. If everyone goes around creating redundant threads like this, the GARM will be unreadable.

9. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

you don't understand....you knew what it was when you read the title. evidently, someone wanted to read and reply. if not, you seem like a smart guy, help the admin design a program to catch the GARM so that there is no redundant articles. Now, I didn't answer your question because I simply did not feel the need to. You see, my mother is no longer here and my wife is at home, so what you want is not on the top of my to do list.

SOMETHING TELLS ME THAT MANY OF YOU WILL NOT LIKE ME!

10. coffeelover665

Was going to make a real mean need for approval/mother joke but caught myself because I reread my comment. You should do the same. Sorry about your mother but you don't need to lash out on people. People pointed out there a thread, you don't have to be so defensive about it. A "my bad" would've been sufficient and the thread will be merged to the original. Well now, now you just look like a dick.

11. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

LOL, your a real sheltered guy if you call that lashing out. I have a feeling your a keyboard warrior. Im a grown ass man, that's what I am. I didn't ask for your sympathy about my mom. it was simply a way to make a point which obviously went way over your head. I tell you what, how about you just don't post on my threads if I chose to make another one. Also, the name calling is so juvenile, but then again, I expect that from folks that more than likely lived through sites such as these.

12. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I would sign and trade Parsons for Ariza. Get rid of Lin by packaging him with Asik for a solid defensive power forward position and use our picks to solidify our bench.

13. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

would want Ariza...he does nothing in the world but shoot the three

14. Lihao

Lihao Member

Maybe it'll work, but it's gonna takes lots of work and self-discipline from the 3 of them. Wade and Bosh sacrifice their role to fit in with Lebron , also all 3 of them are at least above average defender.
    So far, Howard wants the ball so he can post up, Harden wants the ball so he can drive and shoot 3s , i'm sure Melo wants a piece of that basketball as well, and of course 2 of them known as below average defender through out their career.

15. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

Melo can defend...Hell, so can Harden. I believe it's poor coaching that allows them to slack on that end of the court. Defense is all about effort and they do not hold them accountable for there effort. that's on the coach more so than the player because they allow it. JVG, Jerry Sloan, Riley, SVG, Karl...coaches like them would not sit by and watch this happen. There is the bench, sit on it for a minute until you figure it out.

16. coffeelover665

You were being a dick and you saying your mother is no longer here so I assumed your mom recently passed. Guess not.

17. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

she has past, but it wasn't said for your sympathy, please believe that I do not need it from you. Keep the name calling to yourself, it belongs in middle school. how about you talk Rockets or simply move to another thread.

18. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Get a veteran coach like George Karl, Jerry Sloan (retired), Nate Mcmillan, Van Gundys preferrably BOTH.

Get Melo

Sign 2 Cheap PF/C to replace Asik such as Emeka Okafor (min), Jermaine O'Neal (more than Min), Jason Collins (Min), Nazr Mohammed (min), Hawes (not sure how much he will cost), Darrell Arthur (min), Ryan Hollins (min), Chris Kaman (min), Aaron Gray (min) to back up Howard and make the better PFs in the West work a little for their points.

Bring in Cheap Vet PG like livingston, Ridnour, Hinrich (cost more), AB, Steve Blake, Farmar, Udrih, Sessions, Fisher to backup Beverly since Lin will likely be shipped out. Caanan has not shown enough to take PT during playoffs.

Bring in 2 SG/SF that play good defense and can hit a open 3.

This is assuming we lose Asik, Parson, Lin, TJones, or DMo due to chase for Melo.

19. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

no chance....

Melo needs to stay in the East...the west is so stacked...

If i was Melo I would go to Chicago, he has the one thing that they need...some offense...

D Rose would be back next season hopefully....

You would have
    Rose, butler, Melo, noah and Taj Gibson!

Such a sick squad...

Rockets already have harden who needs the ball.....there really wouldn't be enough shot to go around...

20. egriffin1

egriffin1 Member

well said