1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oscar Pistorius (Blade Runner) accidently shoots girlfriend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dockerland, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Roid rage? Come on. I thought this forum was smarter than after school special type of propaganda.

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

:confused:

Roid rage isn't an after school special lie, it is one of the possible side effects of metabolic steroids.

3. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

why didnt he just kicked the door open?

ahdoyyyy

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The sh-t is real!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3FvlIwuQBO8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

i'm just not buying it. if that is how it went down, then the guy should still go down for it due to being a total r****d. he missed the part about whether he saw her in bed or not. the idea that he didn't even look and didn't even try to warn her is dumbfounding...especially since the gun was under the bed directly under where she was supposed to be laying. it seems he made this up to explain away why he murdered his girlfriend so he could get away with it. i'm thinking it was premeditated. i'm not buying it at all. what kind of robber goes to the toilet anyway? too much time passed between the time he claims the intruder entered the bathroom window and the time he actually dragged himself to the bathroom while starting to scream at the intruder. the intruder had no reason to go to the toilet room. he would have made his way through the house to do his business as he would have felt he got in undetected for a period initially. he's robbing the house...not there to use the toilet. also, eyes adjust to the darkness (which i highly doubt it was pitch black if he has balcony sliding doors). it only takes a few seconds. his recount you would have to believe he was totally blind or something. bs, man. i would have a hard time accepting that story if i was on the jury. if it wasn't premeditated murder, then it was negligent homocide. either way...he is going down in my book.

#106 Surfguy, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As others have noted it is a potential side affect of steroids. Further it may not be that he is raging out of control but that such drugs may affect judgement. This story could be exactly has Pistorius tells it but even so it still shows a huge lapse of judgement on his part.

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

It's looking more and more like Oscar is going to be the new OJ. The prosecution is a mess and don't have enough to make something out of nothing by the time this goes on trial in the summer. The only silver lining for them is finding condemning evidence that the deceased was having an affair.

The defense will go with

1. OP was a trigger happy guy paranoid about his safety, routinely receiving death threats (which they can't prove)

[​IMG]

All this is exacerbated by South Africa having the highest murder and robbery rates in the world.

2. Couple were deeply in love and Oscar had no motives for premeditated murder at the height of his career - playing to the emotional element of naive jurors

3. Testosterone supplement was a herbal concoction routinely used by athletes in the offseason, no medical literature proving side effects for herbs.

4. Incompetency of police officers interviewing witnesses and chronicling the situation. The chief officer has already changed his story 3 times and is being tried for 7 counts of murder in the summer for an unrelated case.

All of this could be avoided if people didn't live with so much fear and get aroused by holding guns. Here we have an athlete who is trigger happy to make up for having no legs and low testosterone levels. On the BBS, we have countless examples of other sexually inadequate guys like Nook who own 25 weapons and can't be trusted in the middle of the night. They're just not smart enough to have the responsibility they think they deserve.

And it's a damn shame.

I guess I'll be seeing Oscar again when I go to Johannesburg most exclusive nightclubs this christmas. Smiling, calm and laid back as he was last time. But this time, I sure won't be shaking his hand.

In fact, I might even give him the finger.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dang..beat me to it.

Ben's finest acting performance.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was great better than Argo. ;)

We've seen Matt Damon do a movie about a South African sports hero so if Affleck can do a South African accent we know who to cast when Hollywood makes a movie about this story.

11. underoverup

underoverup Member

he'd get the oscar for sure if he cut his legs off to immerse himself in the role.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

true. Gary Sinise really mailed it in with his performance as Lt. Dan.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

on second thought, i didn't realize how paranoid this guy was. extreme paranoia can override logical thought and make you react stupidly i imagine. guy seems about as paranoid as they come. watch out for that....umm...WASHING MACHINE! good grief! i guess we can't understand where he is coming from.

14. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Low testosterone levels -- does the guy have any genitals? If not, how does he have sex then?

15. Beezy

Beezy Member

I think they said there are no juries in S. Africa.

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Please stop using the name 'Blade Runner' to refer to him. An absolute disgrace to the title.

17. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a_saUN4j7Gw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

neat die-orama

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member