1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OS Exclusive: Yao arrives Sunday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Oct 18, 2002.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

You stole my thunder. I was just about to make that point.

What if he comes in on a charter or a private plane?

2. Old School

Old School Member

Codell,

As mentioned, he's flying in on United.

os

3. Old School

Old School Member

I may have found it seaching through Travelocity:

United Flight 858 Departing Shanghai arriving around 7am in San Fran.

Flight 1556 San Fran to IAH arriving 4:35. That seems to fit the schedule we've all seen here.

If that's the case it will arrive in Terminal A. If I remember correctly there is only one way to exit so it wouldn't be hard to miss the arrival of Yao.

os

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That is the flight schedule I saw. He'll be doing customs in SF. I'm all for it and I'm definitely going. I wish my digital video camera wasn't still in the shop!!! :mad:

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Just check the TV screens when you first get into the baggage area and it will tell you what the flight number is for the united flight that is arriving at 4:30. The flight number will be on one of the baggage carousels. Even if he has someone getting his bags he will come out close to the baggage carrousel with his flight number on it. Yao Ming has to exit past the baggage pick area so it should be no problem seeing him. Anyone can go into the terminal you just can’t go past the security checkpoint into the gate area.

6. codell

Didn't realize that. I thought it was all still up in the air.

7. codell

Maybe you should organize a greeting party made up of some of us here on the BBS?????

8. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Dude, I am SO down with going!!! Now I have to find my digital camera . . . let's do it!!!!!

9. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

in the event yao makes an appearance at the game on sunday, i just bought tix! :)

and going to IAH is not out of the question either!

it's a YAO WEEKEND!

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Damn Old School actually has some credibility in this. . .errr. . .I mean I believed you all along OS!

#30 RocksMillenium, Oct 18, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2002
  11. codell

Is it safe to assume that all the local TV stations will have a camera there?

12. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Has Clutchcity.net organized any big Rocket parties in the past? This would be a mighty fine time to celebrate the upcoming season, meet some other posters, and show our support for the big man arriving in H-town for the very first time.

13. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It's really too late to organize anything, but I think the Rockets are going to have people out there and I don't think we'll have a hard time finding it. I'm hearing some things about an "informal" welcoming party.

I'll keep everyone posted.

14. codell

I keep wondering what Yao will think of our weather. I think the high in Beijing is only like 50 degrees this time of year.

15. limited_few

limited_few Member

I work at IAH for Continental Airlines. I have one of those security passes so I am gonna go and see him when he gets off of the plane at the gate. With all the media I bet I can get on TV. Maybe I can do something on camera like make a clutchcity.net sign or something to promote?? I'm definitely gonna have a camera ready!:cool:

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Hey, I wouldnt mind going to the airport and give Yao a good welcome. I get off of work on Sunday @ 3:30pm and probably can get there by 4-430pm. Any chance of us posters meeting up somewhere and show up @ the airport in unison? Some idea I wanted to throw out there.

17. Old School

Old School Member

That sounds like a good plan...if you bring a sign make sure to have CC.NET on it somewhere.

CLUTCHCITY.NET WELCOMES YAO MING!

I'm gonna try to make it too.

os

18. lovethisgametoo

20 or 21, sunday or monday, I have read a lot but are getting more confused. Some Chinese paper say 20, but many others say 21. I want to ask: is anyone here sure Yao Ming will com on 20th??

19. codell

Hey, you should place this over that sign that says "Mayor Lee Brown Welcomes you to Houston" that you see when you are on on JFK coming from IAH.

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

It has been confirmed by the Rockets that he will be here Sunday afternoon, the 20th. Should be fun. :)