1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orphan Black Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Nov 25, 2013.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

felt pretty disoriented this whole season. tons of different parties and their motives are all unclear.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

True. This is my one real complaint. They need to tighten up the storytelling, but it's still very fun to watch.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm beginning to get the feeling she might be a good actress. Just shows how ridiculous all of these award shows are that she wasn't even nominated for some of them.

Tatiana Maslany plays 8 different characters on 1 show, Daario Naharis plays the same character in 2 shows LOL. I'm thinking Cal knows more than he's letting on.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good finale episode tonight. Great twist at the end to go into Season 3.

Mark with his own set of male clones? Awesome

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XE2u_N8g6cs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25 Commodore, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It ended? great! I wasn't watching them to save them up for a marathon. I think the time has come!

1 person likes this.
  7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Was wondering after episode 9 how they were going to continue to the next season, glad they got it all out in the last episode.
    Wonder how Tony now fits into this whole Female clones(LEDA) vs now Male clone(CASTOR) dealio.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I haven't watched the last episode yet, but I think there is a reason this thread is only 2 pages long. There just isn't much to talk about. Nothing is really happening.

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Well, nobody watches the show. The season one thread wasn't terribly active either. Once the thread drifts off the first few pages people get nervous about bumping it.

Season 2 wasn't as good as season one, but it was certainly still good.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Thanks to you guys I burned through both seasons. :grin:

Maslany truly did a great job with most of her characters (Tony felt forced...); I had to remind myself multiple times that this is the same woman! The storyline is pretty engaging and the pace was solid. Having said that, my biggest complaint is that the show doesn't feel Sci-Fi enough. All the stuff about Vic and the "desperate housewives" was disappointing. Bottom line, it felt like too much estrogen at times.

Nevertheless, they ended the 2nd season pretty well and i'm looking forward to the next one. I hope Helena kicks everyone's a$$!

11. joesr

joesr Member

Never heard of this show. What channel. Comcast has it on Demand by chance?

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

BBC America, and yes it is on demand. You'll certainly wanna check this one out dude.

The lead actress is crazy good.

13. Commodore

also on amazon instant

14. joesr

joesr Member

I got Comcast but is it on Prime?

15. Commodore

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Saw the finale yesterday, it was interest but felt kind of disjointed. Interesting finish though, curious to see how next season plays out.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Started watching this about 2 weeks ago. I burned through the first season. I think the mystery and discoveries were really well done.

I took the 2nd season a bit slower to watch another show. While interesting, I thought it was a bit messy. You had major factions after the clones: Dyad, Proletheans, and the Birdwatchers, but then within those, you had dissent with Leakie vs Rachel, father vs daughter/Mark, Mrs. S and her contacts. Too many double agents and blurred lines expanded the story but I think it never felt as interesting.

The lead actress does an amazing job at all her roles. They have their individual personalities and she does a great job at characterizing them. Alison is one of my favorites because she adds some great humor with her paranoia, but her rehab story did drag a bit.

This show is underrated, but it's not on one of the major networks. That's probably a good thing because it'll have lower bars to reach. Really good show, probably 7-8/10.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Time to Start Season Two

Rocket River