1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[orlando sentinel]Rockets to get Cook, Foyle, and Wilks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Feb 19, 2009.

1. joesr

joesr Member

I was laughing at that as well, I think tmactotherack was on stupid me time. :eek:

2. comehere2

comehere2 Member

guess we are rubbish bin.

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

So is Cook really going to Memphis? Or us?

4. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

what a ****ing deal.

5. FireBlizzard90

who cares?

i miss raf

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dorsey would be the obvious cut. He's been a disappointment, and the Rockets really haven't been hiding that.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Um, Cook was already with Orlando? :confused:

8. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

4 for 1 deal. Hope its true that Foyle comes to Houston!

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That doesn't work either, unless Memphis is under the salary cap or has a trade exception. They'd have $3.5 million coming in and only $1.16 going out.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'd almost rather have Foyle than Cook. If we want to go small and space the floor with a range-shooting 4, we can always use Artest in that spot. It's not like we'd be losing anything defensively or on the boards with Artest playing PF instead of Cook.

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

We're going to have to wait until the dust settles, we may have gotten cash to pay off Foyle and Wilks and they get cut or one of these guys is going to Memphis.

12. Illmatic

Illmatic Member

Memphis is giving up Lowry for Orlando's first round pick

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Its funny people think rafer is some kind of good player or something. i appreciate a guy that had more drive to suceed than me on the court, but rafer isnt a starter or big minutes guy in this league. pair him with Anthony "I drug Kidd in the playoffs" Johnson and maybe they have enough to get by. Theyre arent bating contender with Alston either. Getting Foyle would be nice too because hes a defender/shot blocker and Cook is that floor stretcher at the 4/5. Good move to me

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have multiple small trade exceptions (Francis, Wells, Snyder) that can easily take Foyle, Wilks, and/or Lowry.

15. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Except the Magic.

16. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

People are really overrating Alston if they think we could have gotten Hedo for him.

17. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Doesn't this knock the Rockets into the LT zone? It seems like a lot of salary to take on just to get Lowry.

18. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

hopefully we can see this from brian cook lol

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LpXBlU4lg4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-LpXBlU4lg4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It gives us a good option when Deke retires as well. A good defensive big man, willing to play spot minutes.

20. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

imho, the trade makes the most sense when the rockets get lowry and cook and the grizzlies get foyle and wilks.

the grizzlies recently traded for chris mihm because they were looking for some big men help. foyle might help them in this area as well or if not they could just release him. wilks was added because orlando wanted to dump additional salary.

the rockets really have no need for wilks (out for the year anyways) nor foyle (deke already isn't getting any minutes. why should adelman play foyle who's also pretty old and offensively challenged?). but with t-mac obviously gone for the year they might have some room for a great shooting big like cook. with rafer traded and t-mac done barry should see more time as a backup pg and artest and shane will see more time at the two. at the same time we'll probably rely on the 3-ball more with the offense focusing more around yao. cook might help in that area. he's not as good a shooter as novak was but he's substantially better at everything else (but still bad, though).