1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orlando Magic offer Stan Van Gundy coaching job; Heat may seek compensation

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by xiki, Jun 5, 2007.

1. awo86

awo86 Rookie

well for the way riley screw over SVG, I really think he's being an fuking stinking a--hole. its possible the magic will choose somebody else now that someone else is messing with their ego :(

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If I was Riley, I'd do the same thing. He's going to a division rival. It's not like he's taking the Seattle or Sac job. No way I'd let my former coach who knows all of my players go to a division rival for nothing if I could stop it. The circumstances that led up to him being available are irrelevant.

3. Pocket Rockets

was jeff van gundy worth it?

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

maybe technically, but not in the court of public opinion. they basically fired him and he helped make them look good by stepping down to "spend time with his family." now they're turning around and using that technicality to screw with him again. when a coach is fired, no compensation, when they step down like jvg and riley, you get compensation. but they basically fired him and are now just messing with him more after he tried to help them out. that's why it's bush league. if they just want a 2nd round pick, then just let it go and try to have some dignity yourself.

5. MSrockets

MSrockets Member

i completely agree. if this is true, it is a classless act on the part of pat riley and the heat. i dont give a #%*! about "its just business" or it being a "cut-throat league". It's called doing whats right. SVG was a good coach and a class act for that organization even after he got ushered out the door. They could at least have the decency to treat him right.

What goes around comes around though. Riley What coach is going to want to coach for Riley and the Heat after watching them treat SVG like that. Hopefully they do the right thing and let him coach without blue balling him any more.

6. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

I'll coach the Heat! All I ask for is 5 years 20 mill, guaranteed.

7. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Well it looks like a done deal, Pat Riley managed to screw over SVG again. Apparently, word on the street was that he was asking for draft picks for multiple years and basically drove SVG away to Sacramento.

Congratulations to the Kings on getting SVG and it sucks to be a Magic fan right now. Your new coach bails on you (Donovan) and then Pat Riley drives away his replacement.