1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orl meet with mavs about Dwight, orlando also prefers lakers offer over rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11champs, Jul 31, 2012.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If ORL and and Hennigan feel obligated to helping Howard go we're he wants it will be funny when he's traded to LA or BK. Hennigan will have taken a lesser package than what Morey offered and the Orlando fan base will crucify the orginazation.

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I thought it only said that the Lakers' offer was superior to the Mavs, not the Rockets.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Just back out of the negotiations and don't call back.

4. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

If that plays out maybe Stern goes Basketball Reasons to protect the Orlando franchise.

Hmm.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can’t say that with any certainty. Bynum is clearly better than any player the Rockets could offer in a trade, so a deal with the Lakers starts off being superior to one with the Rockets. For all you know, Morey’s offer could be Kevin Martin and Patrick Patterson. The problem is that trading for Bynum straight up puts Orlando in no better situation than they are in with Howard. But it would still be a superior deal. While Martin and Patterson are unlikely to be the only pieces on the table, there is no need to have much more than that at this point. The Rockets would be bidding against themselves.

Another thing that’s impossible to know is how much Hennigan values Brook Lopez and the Nets package. While many scoff at the prospect that their package could trump the Rockets, it could be that Hennigan really likes Lopez and wants to have a replacement for Howard in place as soon as he leaves. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also…
    That’s a funny quote because the story says that if Howard stays in Orlando this year he will do the same thing. So what does Howard’s camp care if Houston trades for him if his ultimate destination is Dallas? Are they simply looking out for Houston’s best interest? Are they secretly Houston fans and want the team to keep all of its rookies and future picks in order to be a powerhouse soon? Ridiculous. If there wasn’t a serious chance that Howard would re-sign with Houston, claims like that would not be necessary. He would simply play out his contract and become a free-agent and sign with whoever he wants to. But they know that once Houston has him, nearly all of his other options are gone. Houston should call his bluff and show him this is the best chance to win or be the beneficiary of the sign-and-trade with Dallas next summer.

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I want Rockets Rookies Bobble heads! Keep him away.

7. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

I read somewhere that Orlando is calling Houstons bluff in that they believe the Rockets are out for a home run and believe that we don't have an alternative and should give up whatever. Orlando would come running back if we backed out.

8. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Ok, have you kept up with any of this from the beginning or are you just talking out of your a$$ just to argue?

DH stated the teams he wanted to be traded to. He mentioned that no other team had a chance that he would sign an extension with them now or at the end of the season. Sources close to his camp stated that he wished the Rockets would back off cause he would not sign here.

The "lack of character" is in the fact that he signed a contract with Orlando and instead of honoring that contract, he demanded to be traded. It has nothing to do with "getting every dollar he can." If that was the real case, he could stay with the Magic and sign for more than anyone else could offer him.

Just cause you're hanging on DH's left nut doesn't give you the position to change the facts.

Personally, I believe he would never be able to bring this city a championship and I for one wouldn't want to see him in a Rocket uniform.

I can't make you see my position, but don't try to sell me your BS>

9. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Hey dude with 36 posts..Dwight wont sign an extension ANYWHERE as he stands to make more money by signing a new contract with new team...so shut up..

10. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

You've balls, son.

11. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

I love what Morey is doing he is basically calling Orlando's bluff.They either take our low ball offer or take Bynum.He is not trading all our assets for Dwight,he want's to keep some assets for a second star to pair with Dwight.Im all for trading for Dwight as long as we don't give up all our rookies and draft picks.

12. ronaldo89

ronaldo89 Member

Forget D12, Why not give an offer to sacramento for DeMarcus Cousin that they cannot refuse and Maybe add Iguadala to play the 3.
    Pg- Lin
    Sg- Lamb
    sf- Iguadala
    Pf- Donatas or Patterson( If not included in the trades)
    C- Cousin

13. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Loo no. They wont give him up and iggy. Has a horrible contract

14. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Real life =/= Nba2k

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Or b**** and moan and whine

That is SSSOOOO ANTI-ROCKETS!

Rocket River

16. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

it would be possible if mchale was their gm.

17. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

I don't know FLASH, if I was starting a company, I would take your resume based off of this statement. :eek::cool:

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Laughable. Want to talk facts? Dwight's "list" didn't originate this summer. It started last December, with his initial trade request. He maintained that stance until mid-March, halted it temporarily, then resumed it the second the season ended.

Are you really so naive as to think that Dwight was truly open to staying in Orlando (when he opted in)? He wasn't. His agent got wind that the Magic were about to send him somewhere (Houston) with a GM that wouldn't play ball with his desire to be traded to Brooklyn, thereby keeping his Bird rights. He thought he had a better shot with Orlando, so he opted in and started the entire production again the moment the season ended.

Either Dwight is insane, or he's calculated. I choose to believe the latter. He's clearly wanted Brooklyn for almost a year now. He was SIX WEEKS from making it a reality. That's all he had left of his Orlando career - until he opted in. He and Fegan clearly thought they could pull a power move and force their way to Brooklyn by trade, and they pulled out every trick in the book to try and make it happen. It didn't, because Rob Hennigan has the power. The thought process from Dwight clearly showed that "freedom" was a lower priority than Bird rights money.

Not with endorsements. Dwight being in Brooklyn, with a full Bird rights max deal, brings him more money than staying in Orlando for the same contract. Same with Los Angeles. That's why he's making the threat, and it makes perfect sense. However, it makes very little sense for his position to remain the same when his alternatives drop from Brooklyn/LA at $110 million to Dallas/Atlanta at $80 million. The Rockets know this. Orlando does, too, and that's why they haven't ruled out keeping him (though their position is compromised by the fact that Orlando is one of league's smallest markets and DFW/ATL actually are enormous upgrades from them).

I have kept up with this from the beginning, and every decision Dwight has made (actual actions, not words) has been perfectly aligned with what gets him max Bird rights money from the largest market possible. There aren't any mega-markets in play for next summer, which makes teams like Houston willing to take the "risk" and puts the power with Rob Hennigan, not Dwight. Perhaps you should try and keep up, too.

1 person likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why is a Laker deal superior when Bynum is a FA who be leaving in 1 year (unless he can be convinced to stay in ORL and sign an ext)? I guess they could trade Bynum in 1 year, but considering DH is considered the better player I dunno why you think Orlando would fetch a better price for Bynum than DH.

I agree with you though DM should lowball the hell out of that offer. Despite what the lamestream media keeps saying, nobody has much to offer for DH.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

The article is simply stating that the Lakers' offer is superior to the Mavs' offer. I don't know why the OP drew his own conclusions in the title. It spreads misinformation, and now everyone will think the same.