1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Orl meet with mavs about Dwight, orlando also prefers lakers offer over rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets11champs, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think our team is too good to build a championship team through the draft. Remember OKC drafted their superstar first, their second best player in Westbrook the next year, and then Harden and Ibaka the very next year. The order matters. We already have our future role players, so I don't think we'll be bad enough to pick a superstar. Obviously no one knows how our current team will play, but I think we just might still be on the mediocrity treadmill.

#461 Fullcourt, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]
    hmmmm

3. Garner

Garner Member

Yea, we just need a once in a generation transcendent player to fall to us and wa la!

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@WojYahooNBA: Orlando and the L.A. Lakers are engaged in 4-way talks with Denver and Philadelphia on a Dwight Howard blockbuster, league sources tell Y!

Prolly deserves a new thread

5. ktex

ktex Member

F him and all this silly bs.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

More of the same guys. 4-team deals are hard to put together. As volitile as this situation is ...a deal has a very small chance of actually coming together. Philly and Denver are playoff teams. I can't imagine any of them taking back killer contracts that literaly prevent them from taking the next step; not without Dwight Howard on their roster. And any draft picks from those teams would likely be mid-to-late 1st rounders, so how is that desireable from Orlando's perspective? The answer: it's a smokescreen.

If i was Orlando, I'd leak that to Wojo too. Another attempt to get Morey to up his offer. Orlando's best deal still runs through Houston, in some form. Nothing to see here.

7. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

agree. terrible trade for magic . even "martin+ppt+tj+Toronto pick+absorb 1 bad contract" can beat this proposal easily

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

My point exactly. This route is unlikely to yield a championship team.

9. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

1. tank. get high draft picks.

2. take our chances with free agency.

we have cap space for two franchise level players.

10. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Not really. Its absurd the lofty heights some on this board put on our own players. Pat is a complete waste. No ONE wants him, he is nothing. TJ was the 2nd PF selected this draft by the same team. Get serious, his value is next to nothing. Toronto is going to surprise a lot of teams and isn't going to have a horrible year or a low draft pick. They upgraded their team greatly.

Once again, this is the problem with Morey. Over valuing his "assets", and treating players like they are nothing. Once again this is why players are avoiding Houston like the plague. I can't help it you guys can't see this.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

How ya feeling now?:p

12. Hak34

Hak34 Member

And how wrong you ended up being.

It was never about generating leverage. It was about what you couldn't wrap your DM homer glasses around. The Houston angle wasn't going to work because DHo didn't want to be here.

I personally believe that the word is out on Morey because of his antics with players.

You owe CDave a ton of apologies. He flat out owned you.

All you other Morey apologists, can finally stop drinking the Kool aid.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's totally Morey. Howard would really want to join Jeremy Lin, Kevin Martin, and Patrick Patterson over Kobe, Pau, and Nash.