1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

O'Reilly of the NOT Elite Media Re-Ups with Fox News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BlastOff, Oct 22, 2008.

1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Funny. He's the number one rated cable news program, even recently beat out mainstream and "free air, no charge" CBS, and people act like he's not elite?

Dude at least interviewed Obama, and has been saying very civil, even nice things about Obama lately.

He's more fair than most give him credit for being.

Just because he calls people like Michael Moore and Al Franken a "pin head" doesn't mean he's a neo-conservative wing nut.

Newsflash: Many people agree with the pin head portion of the show that vote differently than straight GOP.

Either both sides watch him, or more republican minded folks have TV's in this nation. You tell me.

3. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

IROC you don't make sense. If there was a Fox news and a single liberal-leaning news channel, and Fox beat out that news channel, then what you say may have plausibility. However, there's fox news and then 5-6 major (actually fair and balanced) news sources, and those 5-6 news sources split the sensible, moderate viewers.

4. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Add up the viewership of CNN, MSNBC, CBS, PBS etc... and I'm sure that would blow Fox news out of the water.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I think the title was a jab at the accusation that everyone in the 'elite media' is 'in the tank' for Obama.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not sure what your point is. Seems like 3 separate discussions or something...

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

In related news it's awesome that Fox news ratings have been declining and it's been losing market share, just like the Republicans at the polls. :)

America to Republicans: It's over.

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Actually NBC is losing... stock value that is... and FOX still is consistently in the top 2 most watched cable news networks daily... specifically during the "Factor" time slot.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

You guys prove my point, actually... Fox 1 channel, other MSM 6 channels... at least we know that one network has the guts to air a guy like O'Reilly without feeling the peer pressure the 6 others.

It simply does not mean that only 1 in every 7 TV's are tuned to FOX though. Sure adding the others up is a higher number than FOX's viewership... and if you add up every other show on the TV during a Rockets game it is a higher number than the game's viewership. So?

I'm so thrilled that O'Reilly's pay and which network is paying him is of such political importance to the masses. I'm glad for the independent, Barney Frank attacking, goofy looking dude that recently told a guest that he could sue him for being called a Republican. I think the world needs more entertainers that use simple terms like "pinhead vs. patriot" as opposed to "the worst person in the world" or some other hate filled garbage. Thank goodness... someone needs to give the ex-Current Affair personalities a job. Do we need more sports casters to do politics anyway?