1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Oregonian] Jason Quick (Blazer beat writer) Breaks down Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 19, 2009.

1. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Not really...like being one of the greatest pitchers or even one of the greatest QBs ever...you know those lists are usually very controversial, because those list are usually 15 to 22 players. It would be fair to say that he is one of the greatest ever, may not be top 5, but definitely top 10 to 20, possibly.

I think it would be fair to say a QB, like Jim Kelly or Joe Namath are two of greatest QBs ever, but no way are they in top 5 to 8 all time.

2. bloop

bloop Member

pretty classy comments from the fans on that site

gotta say Blazers are a fun team to watch and I like Roy, Oden, even Nate a lot. Rockets are a huge matchup problem for Portland flat out.

that said I think Portland will come out game 2 and push hard. This series will probably go 5 games. better luck next year

3. Dei

Dei Member

i especially liked:

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I 100% agree, perhaps.

:p

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is the model that was used for the Tim Duncan/The Mermaid duo

Rocket River

6. jlwee

jlwee Member

Guys, i know alot of you are excited by last night lopsided win. But like other posters said is only 1 game. Yao may have gone 9-9 this game but he could go 4-16 next game.... :( :mad:

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I was just wondering, is there a team we dominate that Utah has problems with?

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cleveland? San Antonio?

I mean, we don't dominate them, but dominating is a very relative term in today's NBA.

9. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

10. SugarLandDream8

No if you are top 15 then you qualify. Patrick Ewing and David Robinson are both HOFers and both considered one of the great centers ever. Neither one was top 5. In fact some would argue (I STONGLY DISAGREE) that Hakeem wasn't top 5 of all time yet nobody will say Dream wasn't a top center of all time. Yao will probably finish around 9th best of all time if he stays healthy and the Rockets win some playoff series.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Try IE, if you're a windows user. It didn't work for me in Firefox.

12. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Might be adblock plus if you have the add-on for firefox. I tried disabling that and got the video to appear.

13. droxford

droxford Member

I can relate to that. There are other teams that are matchup nightmares for us, too (Jazz).

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This Rocket team! This Rocket team!? How much does a team have to change for it to not be 'this Rocket team' anymore? Go back to the Mavs series were we blew our lead and tell me how many faces on today's roster are the same.