1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Opinions needed - please look

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by courtside, Jul 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. courtside

courtside Member

I'm not sure if any of you remember, but last year I had a website going called nbacourtside.com. The site was taken down for multiple reasons (legal, personal, tedious html) but I am now getting things back in gear for a re-launch.

The new site will be called dunknetwork.com and will feature news and info from around the NBA but will feature a team area as well - only the Raptors. Once the site is 100% rolling then I may elect to add other teams as contributors push for the space - this is the reason the main url will be dunknetwork.com.

Anyways - the reason I am starting this thread is to give you guys a sneak peek at the Raptors site theme and to try and get your opinions on the look. I think ClutchCity is hands down the best fansite on the net so if anyone can offer and educated opinion - it's you guys. The Raps area will be called PurpleFever.net but will be located at dunknetwork.com/raptors (kinda like the NBA does...)

And now, without further adue <a href="http://www.dunknetwork.com/raptors/vincecarter2.htm" target="new">Please click here for purplefever.net</a> and be sure to post your thoughts after taking a look.

~Thanks

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Very nice!!

I like it a lot, specially the drop down menus.
    I give it 2 thumbs up.

3. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

shove the raptors up you ass and go away.

4. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

It's ok, she's diseased. :D G'd lawd I dislike the Raptors as much and prolly more than anyone on this board but good god woman, the man's trying to rep his squad your going to scare him away with your welcoming tactics.:eek: :eek: :eek: I give you props courtside, keep up the good work and try to fade away from the Raptors scene and more towards the Bulls and the Rockets scene. That's where the next bandwagons at. :p :D

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Nice work.

What's the future of Olajuwon with the Raptors?

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He hates it there and he is not happy with Lenny Wilkens. He regrets leaving Houston.

7. Hydra

Hydra Member

Why does every link lead to the same Vince Carter page. At least have your default page not be that overhyped, overrated, loser. ;) Cool layout though, but I would change the font of the title. Those crazy fonts look cool for a little while, but then you get tired of them.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I like the drop-downs (at least with my fast connection I do), but the contrast at the sublevel between the font and the background is insufficient. Maybe it's better on other people's screens, but, if you want me to visit, you'll have to change it.

In general, it looks clean enough. Of course, you can't really tell until you see the format for the message boards.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Are you sure you want an ad banner for a company that has naming rights on a conference rival's arena?

Delta Airlines: Official sponsor of clutchcity.net! :D

10. BTM

BTM Member

Oh you didn't just say Vince is overrated. A Rockets fan yelling overrated at other players. Steve Francis? Cuttino Mobley? Yao Ming? Eddie Griffin? Overrated?

11. BTM

BTM Member

At least Vince made the playoffs. He did it with a team of bums around him, the best being a pre-star McGrady and Doug Christie.

Steve Fancy ain't done **** and several other players who would be better than anyone on that Raptor team(Mo, Hakeem, Rice, Cuttino, etc).

12. courtside

courtside Member

You mean the Toronto Dominion Waterhouse Arena?? LOL. So much for TMac leaving for a "bigger market" when Toronto based companies are naming the arena in one of the smallest NBA cities. Toronto is about 5th in the league as far as population bases and market sizes go and there is supposedly more Candians living in Florida than Cubans!!

13. drpepper

drpepper Member

Don't believe the hype. Noone is sure exactly sure how many Cubans live in Florida.

Anyways, nice work on the site. You should have alot of members since it is based in Toronto, but you should still include some hockey **** for the Canadian grunts.

14. courtside

courtside Member

Congratulations -you're my first banned user :p

Seriously - I couldn't care less about hockey and I'm not the only Canadian who thinks this way. The only time hockey will be mentioned on my site - under threat of permanent banishment - will be to make fun of the dufus players and their ultra dufus fans :D