1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OPINION SURVEY] Best PF Upgrades & Expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, Dec 27, 2012.

1. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Not necessarily.

Unlike the Clippers, the Rockets' power forward position is wide open. May the best man win it.

Patrick Patterson 6'9"
    Marcus Morris (definitely not the answer) 6'8"
    Terrence Jones 6'9"
    Trey Thompkins 6'10"
    Donatas Montiejunas 7'0"

2. Glide#22

Glide#22 Member

Derrick Williams.
    Unfortunately for him, he's playing behind Love but very big potential, more than any PF we have in our roster.
    Maybe available soon.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

But, not for anything we have to give up. All we have is power forwards, why would Minny deal Williams just to get a lesser guy at the same position?

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Looking strictly at PPG and RPG is a poor analysis of a player's potential worth.

If he came to the Rockets, he could never be double teamed while Harden is on the floor. He is skilled enough to make defenders pay in single coverage. His game is perfectly suited to what the Rockets currently lack.

the Rockets would be very solid and cohesive with Millsap

5. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

can I also add that Millsap has only missed 14 games in his first 6 seasons.

6. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I have never been more excited for a off season than I am about this year for the Rockets.

7. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I agree, but to a certain extent, I think you are overvalueing him. If the price is right, I would love him on this team. But I just think he's a little better version of 2pat.

8. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Wow, I didn't know that!

9. Peaceful Elbow

I think Josh Smith is the best fit for our system. Dude is athletic and can play good defense. We need a good defensive PF with the athleticism to keep up with our fast pace style of game.

10. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

I like LMA.
    But Millsap is cheaper. Utah will loose him at the end of the season anyway, so we can trade for him cheap at trade deadline.
    Another option is develop our talent this season and sign as FA Josh Smith.
    It is fun expecting the next morey move. He has many options but it is crucial that he makes the right choise.

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

That's like saying a Porsche 911 is a little better version of a Ford Focus. Come on, man. Millsap is twice the player Patterson is, with twice the toughness, twice the motor, and twice the skillset (other than jump shooting where they are similar).

You supercharge 2Pat's defense, rebounding, pick and roll game, and you have something similar to Millsap. You can't tell me that wouldn't be a HUGE upgrade to this team.

Some of you guys are acting like we need another #1 scoring option. We have our guy, his name is Harden, we even have Lin who seems like he can develop into a nice #2. We need a strong PF to round out the team on offense, defense, and rebounding, not an elite scorer.

Another elite scorer would be nice, sure, but none are available.

13. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Both Terrence and Dmo have considerable potential. I don't want to trade either of them yet.

14. theaesirsfinest

How good is his screen setting?

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's very good but the Jazz have gone away from it in recent years because they no longer have an elite back court option after trading away D-Will. They've made Millsap more of a face-up player which he's good at, but he can execute the PnR very well also.

16. loveofthegame44

What if we rent Dirk for a year and half. Spread 4 that can post up and shoot his famous fade away and good passer. The other options that are mentioned aren't allstars or have that kind of talent. Rent Dirk and we have time to wait for that real elite second star. Wont be locked untill the end of next season(expiring contract). I know it would be difficult to get the salaries to match. What do you guys think?

17. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

the big thing I love about Millsap is that he can finish smooth or finish strong when the situation demands so

on D he is scrappy and has his head on right

18. Sanity2disChaos

I'd do it....low risk, high reward.....

19. cbb139

cbb139 Member

No thanks, Millsap is a nice player, he's not an elite player, will never be top 10 or top 20 nba players, pass. The only one on the list would be Love.

20. Sanity2disChaos

TE=Rocket_4_Life;7472696]Both Terrence and Dmo have considerable potential. I don't want to trade either of them yet.[/QUOTE]

Tuff but I agree....