1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OPINION SURVEY] Best PF Upgrades & Expectations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I'd rather go JSmoove or Millsap than Anderson...I'm tired of one way players and he has no post game that's what the Rockets need if we are talking playoffs since the game tends to slow down.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Remember guys, the list isn't about who's attainable but who's game would best fit.

The "price to acquire" question will dictate how attainable they are.

I like the idea of signing milsap this summer to a 4 year deal and if a better option comes up in 2015 he can be traded if his contract is reasonable. Good way to improve now without giving up too much and keeping flexible when the elite guys might be more attainable.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

It is Mirotic indeed. My bad for not putting his name in there somewhere.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Smith and Millsap have post games?

5. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Its an option out of the 3 I would choose one of those two.. They have better post games than Anderson...Smith does have the potential to play on the block he just doesn't and he contributes in all categories same as Millsap..Millsap can also play on the block and they are both elite defenders

6. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Exaclty, you cant really dump the ball down to either one of those in a half court offense and expect 2 points. Jsmith is far better than both millsap and anderson, but thats if were excluding cost.

Morey is definitely going to look at love down the road, but for right now he needs to build assets in a way that it wont hurt future financials.

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

JSmoove would improve our defence? I don't think we'd lose much on the offensive end

8. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

All in all i would prefer Lemarcus he fits this team perfectly..Has some defense can block shots..Excellent Mid Range shooter good post moves..won't clog the lane and plays the pick and roll great. and hes 6'11 but I'm sure hes unattainable

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David West might be a great pick-up but he might be too expensive for our $9 mil in cap room. But he would be a great fit. And provide some veteran leadership.

10. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

David Lee and Ibaka are interesting choices - I think they would work as well. Although Ibaka on the team would be pretty crazy awesome for defens,e plus Ibaka can hit the mid range J now and is working on his 3point shooting...

11. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

I like West hes been carrying Roy Hibbert this year offense-wise this year. No Granger and hes still balling...Paul George and George hill have improved as well but West is having a good year

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

How are we going to get Ibaka? You do know that OKC got rid of Harden so that they could keep him, right? Or is this just fantasy land where we can have any player we want?

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't think a beefy post scorer really fits this team. For example, do you really see Al Jefferson fitting in well with our guys?

We're a running team, the #1 biggest help would be an elite pick and roll player who can rebound, play defense, hit mid range jumpers, and most importantly finish at the basket when set up for an easy look by Harden/Lin.

Paul Millsap fits all of those requirements.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

STEVE NOVAK!!!!!

But seriously, I like Greg Monroe, yes there is no perimeter shooting, but defense,rebounds and post threat. Thats something rox need more than perimeter shooting.

15. FearTheBeardJH

Ersan İlyasova.

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Kevin Durant

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

We choose the most versatile player of those listed. Pick and Roll mastery is a must.

18. FearTheBeardJH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZE9qdQJgE-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

I think LMA is exactly what this team needs...Love is good but LMA is an a experienced 4 who played in the playoffs, has a above average midrange game and he can post up, and most of all has LENGTH.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Tends to be overrated around here. Athleticism, motor, and toughness can make guys play big, and softness can make guys play small. Paul Millsap plays bigger than LMA even though he's four inches shorter, because he plays harder and smarter.