1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Opinion)Morey's Next PG Project

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by coachbadlee, Apr 9, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'd rather you commend me. I'm not very fond of commands.;)

2. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You posted first, clown.:p

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Come on Winky, you're falling off:rolleyes:. A little late to the party.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Does this mean what i think it does?

http://www.asjunior.com/asjunior/public/news_detail.jsp?ct=1365361506102&cat_id=27&news_id=2464

La Novipiù Casale centra la seconda vittoria consecutiva in campionato, superando la Givova Scafati 102-82. Prestazione d’autore per Casper Ware, autore di 32 punti (22 nei primi 20’) ed MVP di serata, e Niccolò Martinoni, alla terza doppia doppia stagionale. Prossimo impegno sempre al PalaFerraris contro la Bitumcalor Trento.

I am assuming 32 punti means 32pts.
    This is what he did a couple of days ago.

5. liveguy

liveguy Member

So I'm guessing Llull is a lost cause at this point, huh?

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

His rights were traded away, right?:confused:

7. andersongo

andersongo Member

Point taken O You, Gran Alchemist who turns turn turds into shining diamond for us mere mortal....:p

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I am only here to lead the blind to the ways of the "Wizard".;)

9. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Which night will they be giving out the D Morey bobblehead?

10. andersongo

andersongo Member

Hypothetical scenario from Fullmetal Alchemist:
    Col Mustang: " Ed, meet Coachbadlee, The Turd Alchemist, who managed to turn a pile of turd into Bonzi Wells and Scot Machado, studs worth their weight in ****e, pound for pound."

Ed: "Law of equivalent exchange.:eek: "

:p:cool:

1 person likes this.
  11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

12. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Repped for making me laugh out loud.

13. Rocket Booster

The Italian 2nd division is higher level than NCAA first division. That's a very strong competition as far as 2nd divisions go. In Europe, the 2nd divisions in Greece and Italy are very strong, with lots of teams that can beat first division teams and lots and lots of players that have played in first divisions in Spain, Italy, Greece, in European 2nd competition (Eurocup) and European first competition (Euroleague), and yes in Italy2 league, you see NBA players.

And guys from NCAA don't get contracts there unless they are very good college players. These leagues are better than NBA D-League. Especially, the Italian one is probably the best.

Then you have the second divisions in Spain and France which are still better than NCAA I and NBA D-League, but it's a downgrade from the 2nd divisions in Greece and especially in Italy.

The other 2nd divisions in Europe do suck. But not the one in Italy. It's probably higher than most first divisions in Europe are, and it's relatively similar in level to the bottom half of the Italy1 league. You see plenty of NBA players playing in the 2nd division in Italy.

With that being said, there are much better point guards in Europe than Ware. Let's put it this way, Beverley would never make a top 10 list of point guards at any time he was playing in Europe. I doubt if he ever even would have made a top 15 list.

So there are a lot of good point guards available from Europe. Certainly ones much better than Ware.

14. Rocket Booster

The only guy in the world that thinks he's anything special is Morey. So no, he's not a lost cause, because the Rockets GM has a man crush on him. Unfortunately, he's not that good of a player though.

Hugely talented athlete (freak athletic level)......plays hard, can defend, even has good scoring ability, but not that good of a player to anyone that actually watches him play regularly.

He's widely known as the most overrated player, dumbest player, biggest fool's gold, etc. that is playing in Euroleague. Ton of talent in his body, and almost nothing in his brain.

15. sefril

sefril Member

1st post in this thread is you, his post is #2,, ;)

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I wonder if Coachbadlee has been assassinated and his account hacked by Sigmund or Glen Rice.

17. andersongo

andersongo Member

Aren't they alternate troll accounts?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I actually think next year they will roll with Lin/Bev and bring in a vet PG who doesn't mind acting as the defacto 3rd string PG insurance(Brooks will almost certainly not be a Rocket due to his contract situation).

Lin/Bev is most likely the 2 to 3 year future for the Rockets at the PG position. I think both of those guys are going to have a huge Summer boost with a good offseason working on their games. Both of those two still have plenty of room to grow.

The only way I see them bringing in another PG is if they feel like the person they are drafting, or bringing over from overseas has incredibly high upside to where they can't help but take a flyer on him.

19. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Sounds good next to Harden, and a little bit like Beverley.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I too think they will roll with Lin and Bev next season, but Brooks will probably not be with them. They could go out and get another PG to take that "insurance" spot.
    Just like they did when they got Beverley.