1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Open Practice & Red Rowdies Auditons: Oct 28th 12PM

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 00rocketgirl, Oct 22, 2012.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

No Texans game that day

I think this is the schedule:

• 12PM- Doors Open
    • 12:30PM- Festivities Begin
    • 1:00PM-Team takes the floor for a 20 minute scrimmage
    • Following the scrimmage will be the Rookie Dance off
    • Then Autograph Session
    • Then Red Rowdies Auditions

Rookie Dance Off should be awesome this year with so many participants.(Machado, Motiejunas, Lamb, White, Jones, Smith)
    Normal Rookie Dance Off Rules are that rookies last year are still technically rookies & must participate (Morris & Parsons), but I asked Patterson about it at an event last week, and he thinks Parsons & Morris will talk their way out of it.

I've been told that each team will play for a charity, with the winning team's charity getting a donation. I've got to double check on that. Hopefully that will be a little bit more of an incentive for the guys to play with more effort than usual.

& Then of course following the Open Practice festivities are the Red Rowdy Auditions where you will have 30 seconds to prove to the judges that you have what it takes to be a Red Rowdy!
    If you need audition ideas, youtube is a great place to start. Plenty of old Red Rowdy audition videos on there, including some of my own. If you have any questions about the Red Rowdies or auditions, I'd be happy to answer them. I've had a blast being a Red Rowdie for the last 4 years and have made lifelong Rockets fan friends through the program.

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Why not make Red Rowdy auditions take place during the scrimmage? Seems reasonable to hold them in an in-game situation, so the team can see what they'll be doing in the stands.

3. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Great question. We do. 3 out of the 4 that I have auditioned for took place after the Open Practice (1 was before a preseason game) and they have a certain section for us during the practice where the Red Rowdies & Red Rowdies hopefuls stand and chant as if we were at a real game. This part of the audition was really stressed my first year, where you would get passes during the scrimmage based on your performance that would allow you to participate in the individual tryouts afterward. I'm not certain what will happen for this year's auditions, but I don't imagine it being too different than the last few.

4. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Is it no surprise that Budweiser is sponsoring the red rowdies auditions event?

Drink beer = more rowdy?

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I have an idea: A "White Quiety" squad place opposite of the Red Rowdy section. Here, no one talks, claps or make any sound and every White Quiety dresses in white.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what the fruc am I reading and why am I laughing at this

7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

LOL :grin:

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

They've been sponsors for a while now, they even paid for the Rowdies playoff tickets back in 09 and i think 08 also.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i hope the rowdies arent too lame this year

10. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

hahaha i want to partake in this squad

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

They have that already. It's called the Club sections.

Well, I'm not like that but a lot of the people around my seats are.

1 person likes this.
  12. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

God I wish I lived in Houston.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Any ideas on who will be there for the autograph session? I'm thinking about taking my little brother probably an hour to an hour and a half before doors open to be guaranteed an autograph for him.

14. me005

me005 Member

Get ready for the season!

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The ones in the preseason look very rusty. Cat texting on his phone, look mah I made it.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Man, security at Toyota Center is so lame. They tried kicking me out when they said it was open to the public. One of the rowdies started shouting at security. It was kinda funny.

Hope I wake up Sunday morning.

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Not to sound like a prick but how the hell do the Red Rowdies get free season tickets when I work my you know what off to pay for mine...I know life isnt fair but damn I'm in 415 and they are in 116 just by dressing up while making noise. Not cool Rockets, Not cool!!!

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

This year's preseason Red Rowdies aren't that great. I don't think they know a whole lot about basketball and yell out irrelevant things. I remember when we were winning they were a whole lot better. Of course, that's what happens when you win.

I remember a few games back one kept yelling, "THAT AIN'T NO FOUL!" and I turned around and was like, "that's correct. because it was."

She didn't get it.

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Went last year during work for the open practice with my whole office. unfortunately I couldnt try out for Red Rowdies. I do not think I will try out this year for red rowdies, but maybe next time

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

What do you expect? The Rockets hired away their best member! :grin:

I still like the Red Rowdies, but they're going to miss 00rocketgirl this season.

If you take Lennon off the Beatles, they'd still be a heck of a band. But they're not the Beatles.

(You know, that might be a bit too much hyperbole. Maybe I'll go with taking Fergie off the Black Eyed Peas.)