1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Open practice and fan fest on 10/25/14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

I swear most of yall complain about the smallest of things. :rolleyes:

Only complaint I had (which was my fault) was the fact that I bought my opening night tickets 5 days ago not knowing that they would sell the tickets at the box office for 10 dollars off. LOL oh well.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

One complaint I have is I don't complain my own faults.... :rolleyes:

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I agree, Kam. Still cringing over 30 minutes of awful lobs from the crowd and uninterested players giving zero effort to show the fans a good time... Or practice.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

oh wow. after reading Kam's review, I now know that I DID NOT miss the actual practice, but they didnt practice at all. It was kinda lame to watch these idiots throw horrible lobs from the stands next to me, while im pretty sure i could've thrown a better one than them..and then a bunch of kids and non-hoopers trying to playing knock out. lame as ****.

ALSO, did not know till I got there that Harden & Howard needed 40 tickets (40 can goods) to get autographs...but wait, you can pay $30 to get it too. $30 for an autograph? Les is slick af.

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

this is how i picture some of the rockets practises during the year ;)

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They did practice earlier in the day.

Saw them on the practice court while waiting in line for 30 minutes or so.

These aren't small complaints. You could see frustration and annoyance on peoples faces.

What's dumb is I think they can get better every year, and some how, they manage to make it even more worse every year.

It's insanity.

I just wanted to see them run up and down the court. Dwight can give his silly commentary. I want to see nick Johnson almost do something spectacular.

Still can't get over the game of knock out.

Let's get ten fans on the court.

They pick out 15 and it takes forever.

7. LSSLAMBAM

LSSLAMBAM Member

You could only get 10 'free' tickets for bringing 10 non perishables. They won't give an individual person more tickets for bringing more. If you bring 3 other people and then combine your free tickets, i guess that could work.

While i was initially stunned to see that James/Dwight would 'cost' 40 tix, it then all made sense as all the autograph hounds i used to see around were in the front of Harden's line happy as can be. His autograph would probably cost $100 at a Tri-Star collector's show at the convention center. *sigh*

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

The funny thing is, I don't really care too much for autographs. I have a bunch of **** in the trunk of my car.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind paying in this case, since everything goes to charity.....but they need to get all their people on the same page, so it doesn't look like a high school event. This is the big show.

10. NateNate

NateNate Member

What do you drive again? Make, model and plate# please

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

RV6, if you also notice, it's the upper level folks down in the lower bowl and the upper level empty.

Fast forward to Game 5 of the regular season, we're going to see the opposite.