1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Open-mindedness

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BigBenito, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T69TOuqaqXI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T69TOuqaqXI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It is true; girls don't live in radiators.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This video reminds me of Bill on UFO Hunters. :D

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why did Ted leave that show?

DD

4. MadMax

Honestly, I think they wanted someone who was more of a vocal skeptic to counter Bill.

The problem is, it makes Bill look worse.

5. DaDakota

Bill....SOOOOO...wants to believe.......but I still like the show....

DD

6. MadMax

No, not just believe...he goes beyond just believing there's life elsewhere. I think the guy in the middle believes.

Bill runs with EVERY inference of ANYTHING. It's not enough that there's life on other planets that's visited here...he scoffs at you for not agreeing with him that alien life has conspired with evil humans to build secret underground fortresses in Nevada where humans and aliens are treated as lab rats and mutants are created.

I love the show! :) love me some MonsterQuest, too! :)

7. DaDakota

So you are saying Bill is like a religious zealot?

:D

DD

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Some people get it, most people don't.

9. MadMax

A little bit, yeah. But maybe even more so. His beliefs change with every new piece of evidence he's presented. Any yes/no inference for ANYTHING AT ALL involving aliens, he comes out yes on. ANYTHING.

10. MadMax

ah, yes...as long as you agree with me, you get it! :D

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Err, ok?

12. MadMax

not to be read seriously...just me being me. :)

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/98OTsYfTt-c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/98OTsYfTt-c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Same guy, this time taking 'luck/paranormal' to task.

I'm saddened to learn that monkeys cannot recreate Shakespeare's work.

And dammit, those socks I wore in high school did attribute to a couple of those wins.

5 Pages of 'S'? Really??!?!? Stupid monkeys...

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

David Lynch say FAIL!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qrl3n2ZtK2E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qrl3n2ZtK2E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded.
    - Librarian from WH40K: DoW

#15 StupidMoniker, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  16. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Rationalization of everything small is all good and fun, but what one always has to remember is that the universe is essentially irrational.

It's all spelled out in the laws of physics. Conservation; energy cannot be created or destroyed, merely transformed. So how this world came into being is anyone's guess, although one could lean heavily to the religious/supernatural if one were inclined.

Western society is too concerned about logic and rationalizing things in my opinion. Some things are never meant to be defined. We lose sight of the fact that sometimes, if you truly reflected about it, little of the fundamentals of this world make sense.

17. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Complete open mindedness would be madness.I doubt anyone could rationally prove everything. As long as the "evidence" passes your personal threshold of believability, knock yourself out.