1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only 3 teams had the record worse than rockets in last 10 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jan 8, 2018.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

MDA has lost the locker room.......:eek:

2. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

But they have been saying to focus on defense for last 10 games now. It is more like the other teams figured us out already. It seems one of the strategy the other teams have been using is to bomb us from 3 point land at the beginning of the game, this stretched our defense thin and then they will start to do layup drills.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly enough, you could replace Rockets with Texans in this post title and it would still be true.

4. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

Seems about right...

5. Agent94

Agent94 Member

The Warriors, Celtics, Thunder, Wizards, Clippers, Pistons, Lakers. So we are better than most of those teams with 3 of the 6 best players on the team out with injury. This message board is delusional.

banzai likes this.
  6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The crappy defense, ice cold 3-point shooting, and injuries have all contributed.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

What some people are too ignorant/stupid to understand is that the first 2 are a byproduct of the injuries we sustained. Injuries lead to increased playing time and inconsistent substations which leads to increased fatigue which leads to less energy on BOTH offense and defense. On offense, less energy in our scheme leads to flat shots, meaning missed 3's. When one part has issues and the other parts have to work harder and more, it increases wear and tear.

banzai and hakeem94 like this.
  8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, are you kidding? The Clippers and Pistons both had more key guys out than we had. Warriors, Thunder and Wizards were legit losses. Had no business losing the other games.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Also . .. can we mention that we were HOSED . . . JOBBED . . . REFFED . . . out of 2 games?

Rocket River

banzai likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We were in every game with it close or a lead in the 2nd half.

Every game but the Detroit game has been just plain bad luck. Thing just didn’t go out way, well wizards game can fall in that category also.

The Boston game is still the one that gets me. We played very good defense that game especially in the 1st half they couldn’t get anything going. Their a good team so naturally they made a run in the 2nd but still they only shot 43% that half so not very good.

That was a major collapse and is still the only game all year that really pissed me off.

The nba is a long season and unless your the warriors and you can sit KD for 5 games after Steph comes back or vise versa with klay and draymond always playing your going I hit some rough patches.

When fully healthy this team wins at a .800 clip with top offense and top 5 defense and that’s before the three point gunner Gerald green arrived.

But man we need nene back bad we also need luc and of course we need our mvp the most.

I think the team will pick it up this month, luc and nene I would think should be returning soon. That alone will help.

We got a fairly easy next 10 games to close out January.

Warrior is a loss we don’t have harden no way we win. The twolves are a rough game it jut depends on which team shows up, one day there beating the top teams looking like a real top 5 team next game they get blown out by a non playoff team and then the pelicans who we’ve had pretty good succes again with there big lineup.

Even if we lose all 3 of those games and go 7-3 we would be 10-5 in the Harden injury stretch which imo is a big win.

Get harden back in February hopefully before allstar just to end the first half on a good note and really hit it hard for the final 30+ Games.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

regression to the mean. We weren't the best team in the NBA. We played like it and have settle to where we were always meant to be, a top 4 team.

da_juice likes this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

You're freakin right man.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I’d prefer he sit out until after the all star break tbh. That’s 6 weeks recovery and than all star weekend for forced added rest and possibly get some practice in before coming back afterwards.

We are 2-2 in his absence so far with a hypothetical 18 more games until all star weekend. We face a few serious contenders and likely losses, a few ok/good teams that will be up for grabs and some scrub teams.

If we could go 11-7 or ever 12-6(may be wishful thinking but maybe not with mbah coming back soon) then I think that would be plenty good enough and would be excited.

If we go 11-7 the rest of the way without harden that would put us at 13-9 without harden and 4 games over .500 without him would be awesome and allow harden to fully rest and recover while hopefully preventing re-aggrevation of his hammy.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree. I say sit him.
    Honestly. . . I would probably sit CP3 for the Warriors game
    and a few others

Rocket River

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Sitting him for the Warriors I wouldn’t mind but I think he would. The team and cp3 in particular is just too competitive for that.

17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Hey, did you know that guy James Harden is injured? /thread

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont think the record would be much different...he played for the first several games of the losing streak

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He played in all 5 of the streak lol. Detroit didn't have their TWO best players, they're a trash team and the still stomped us. Rockets aren't playing well and it's not just cause of injuries.

Rocketeer4Life and hakeem94 like this.
  20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I agree

I would rather he sit out an extra 2 weeks even after the drs have cleared him.

I just hope we can stay afloat and like you said win at like a .600 or better clip.

The more we lose the more likely harden is going to push it and try and get back on the court quicker.

BigMaloe likes this.