1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only 1 ESPN writer thinks the Rockets are a top-5 team next year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Aug 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Why are you surprised? They didn't even have us making the playoffs last year because we lost Chandler Parsons and Jeremy Lin, lol. They're idiots, as long as you operate under that assumption you will never be disappointed.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Here's how I see it.
    Golden State are number 1. Cavs are number 2 not because I think they would beat a team like ours in a series, but simply because they probably won't have to. They're guaranteed to be one of the last two teams standing in the playoffs no matter what.
    So,
    1. Golden State
    2. Cavs
    3 - 7 Toss up between Grizz, Spurs, Clips, Rockets, OKC

I'm sorry but there is no other way to look at it. What's going to be the biggest difference to put one of these teams above the others? The Clippers improving their SF and bench? Houston's addition of Lawson and having DMo instead of Smith come playoffs? OKCs health? Grizzlies improved bench and continuity and health? Or Spurs' big addition?

It's all speculation.

1 person likes this.
  3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Why do we still bothering listening to what the media has to say? Several had us as a 7 or 8 seed last year, if we didn't fall out of the playoffs entirely. This very well may be the deepest team we've ever had.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I might be the only person eager to see the Heat. I think they'll be very good.

5. bmd

bmd Member

I'm not surprised.

I posted this thread because it's interesting to know how outsiders view the team and NBA landscape.

6. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Yeah I know, Bradford is stupid , we are 10 times better than the heat

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope, I am also. that starting 5 on paper looks as solid as any of the top teams. but health will be their big concern for deng, wade, and now bosh.

8. bmd

bmd Member

It's much more fun to watch your team exceed expectations. When everyone thinks the Rockets will finish 8th and they finish 2nd, that's satisfying.

9. thekad

thekad Member

Well someone actually put the Heat, a team that didn't make the playoffs in the East, as pretty much a 60ish win team so it's safe to at least ignore his opinion.

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

good sure

not top 5 good

11. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Well Doolittle is probably under the influence of illicit contraband to have come up with this. Infact the explanation works against him, ex. Amare' Stoudamire really??? Doolittle did so little in his analysis. He needs to do more.

13. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

ESPN had us borderline making the playoffs last year. Look how that panned out, need I say not fully healthy. Shouldnt read to much into this. Plus one of those guys has the Heat in the top 5. haha

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

2nd seed in the West, and Conference Finals appearance counts for nothing then, huh...
    We get the same disrespect the Spurs do and we don't even have old-ass players.

"THEY GOT LUCKY THIS YEAR. NEXT YEAR THEY WILL SUCK."

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Only 2 Rockets fans actually think ESPN is legit.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Let's hope this is the last ESPN thread ever. They don't deserve our attention.

17. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

You got it, It is more fun to watch our team kick butt when not expected. !:)

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no way MIA or MEM should be ranked about HOU….the others i can't necessarily argue with

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think we can certainly be anywhere from 1- 6 in the west alone and that's obviously not including Cleveland. It's not a knock on the rockets to be left off that list, it just shows how good the west is. We were the 2nd seed with the same record as the Clippers and only 1 up on both the Spurs and Memphis. Of course we were brutalized with injuries but I don't expect ESPN to give a **** about that.

I'll give those guys the benefit of the doubt and assume the rockets were the next team they were going to name on their list. Also WTF with the Heat?

20. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Damn I thought we as a collective just ignored this.

Anyhow, some writer put the Pelicans in their top-5. It's offseason trolling at its finest.