1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online Purchase Help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by X-PAC, Jun 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I'm considering making a purchase at musiciansfriend.com. Has anyone here done enough(any?) business with them to understand how good their service is and how quickly they get you your purchase?

I'm a novice at online purchases. With all this online scamming and fraud it has scared me away from making any kind of online money exchange period. I imagine stuff like this has improved but it would make me more at ease if someone here actually made a purchase from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Just make sure they have secured pages on any page that requires you to enter in sensitive information (credit card number or password). IE will have a little padlock on the bottom right portion of the status bar or the url will begin with https instead of http.

3. X-PAC

Yeah thanks. I get that. Have you bought anything from musiciansfriend.com and care to comment on their service? :)

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I have....I didn't have any problems. I have bought a lot of musical gear from them over the years either through phone orders or internet orders. I don't think they have the best prices, though, so you may want to shop around.

But, this isn't some Mom and Pop operation. They have been around for quite a few years. I remember buying something from them back in the mid 80s. The online transactions should be secure but make sure like ArtV said.

Surf

5. X-PAC

I noticed that as well. I usually try guitar center or a local pawn shop because I can play the instrument and decide if I like it or not. A few months ago I bought an American strat for about $220 after I took issue with one of the pickups which seemed to be rusted. I bargained with the manager and later just replaced the pickup with a new one.

There is a difference in price as you pointed out. I have been looking for a 72' Telecaster custom for a little while but have had little luck in finding one. I think I'll try musician's friend.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Thanks.

6. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I haven't bought anything from them but I've been buying tons of stuff online for quite some time and never had a problem - even large items like pressure washers. The good news is it's like Christmas when you go to your mailbox. The bad news is you have to wait and if you do have a return (I have had to return some DOA electronics from some places) it's kind of a pain. But online shopping is a part of small town living.