1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Online MP3 Stores

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Grumbler, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

so i have been using Amazon MP3 for a long time. worked great, until i moved overseas. i can still buy via VPN but it seems that it doesn't recognize my computer each time. so i can't seem to download unless their customer service manually add the links for me. i think they finally had enough of it and decided to refund my money instead of doing it manually.

the question is, is there a way to get around that? by that i mean, Amazon would recognize my computer via VPN? is there other MP3 services online that are as good as Amazon? like real good deals @ $3/$4/$5 per entire album? iTunes is a bit too expensive with their album purchases. thanks.

2. platypus

platypus Member

Is spotify available where you live? If it is i suggest going for the premium version, it has offline music storage. I've been using it for a year now and havent had the need to buy any albums.

3. SacTown

SacTown Member

Thank me later. No VPN needed if you're overseas and very very high quality mp3s priced right. I have personally used this site and vouch for it.

http://mp3panda.com/

4. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

it's not available in HK. but i suppose it can be via VPN, but that would slow down everything. not sure how to install VPN on mobile software either.

5. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

is this even legal? like less than $2 for some albums?

6. platypus

platypus Member

7. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Plays within browser. Download Google Music uploader to upload your entire library to their cloud.

Allows you go have 20,000 songs on there for free.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xSnr0VLbUJ8?list=PL46FD4C9E3E3B9DF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. platypus

platypus Member

I'm pretty sure its direct install, and you can refund your purchase within 15 minutes.

10. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

cool. hm... i guess i will have to figure out a way to get VPN on my mobile device. otherwise, i can't access anything in US.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Surprised no one has recommended illegal downloading yet, when you have to go through that much just to get music legally just do it illegally. You can donate to the artists money if you want.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps because, as you said, it's illegal?

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

but when he has to use a vpn to get music on amazon, iTunes etc. its also illegal

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't see anything in the Amazon TOS which restricts the use of VPN. Also, I have purchased iTunes music when I have been out of the country without having to,us VPN. If the Amazon customer service has been helping him, iit appears they don't think he is doing anything illegal.

15. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

When you say good I presume you mean cheap? Nope. For a la carte, Amazon MP3 (while not providing the best UI experience) offers the best price points on digital downloads for tracks and albums (bundles included). iTunes and Google PlayStore, while good in their own right, is pricier and will stay that way for awhile.

No one wants to listen to your crappy, illegal, lossy music files. Good riddance!

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not really a techie, so I'm not sure about the VPN thing.

But gomusicnow.com is a very cheap deal. Usually it will be under $3 for a full album.

17. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

looks like gomusicnow.com server is on and off. but worth a try since wiki is staying it's legal. :) but this maybe a dumb question. how do i sign up for it? there is a login page. i can't even register.

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Emusic is generally .49¢ per track for members. Album prices vary, and some new stuff is up to .79¢/per

19. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

torrentz.eu + uTorrent = win