1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One Trade For Us To Acquire AD

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jan 30, 2019.

1. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Lakers getting screwed? I'm fine with that.

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yamaaa7s

Eric Gordon and Mirotic to Philly

Capela, Wilson Chandler, Muscala, Fultz, House, Houston picks and Philly pick to Pelicans

Anthony Davis to Houston

Houston does it. Why does Philly and Pelicans do it? Philly definitely gets better than they are now without giving up much. New Orleans? I don’t know man, why do we even think we have a chance!?!?

EDIT: you can switch Muscala with TJ since Pelicans need a point guard. Seriously, is this too far fetched?

#62 Zoplicone, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@arabrocket
    You seem like someone that wouldn’t mind being a tough critic

Is the above trade just a no go because the Lakers package is just simply more appealing?

I feel Philly would do this trade, adding EG and Niko with only losing rotation players that are expiring and one late first rounder. They could possibly be favourites in the East with Simmons Butler Embiid JJ EG and Mirotic, no?

New Orleans gets at least one young stud (Capela), one younger prospect (House; I know he’s not potential to be a star but could be a decent player locked up for cheap) and one low risk....medium reward in Fultz? Rest are expiring. Plus 5 first round picks. (Having our first rounder and phillys first rounder this year, you can probably combine those to move up in this years draft, on top of the fact they have their own lottery pick.)

If you put me down I’ll report you....(I kid I kid)

Also @HP3 always curious to hear your thoughts.
    @heypartner @hakeem94 ??

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

It's not a bad trade honestly. There are two things that i doubt, like you said if the Lakers offer up the farm Kuzma, Ball, Ingram,Zubac and a first...then yea I think that might be better. Also...who knows if Philly would ever want to cooperate with us to get us Davis, though that is very much a secondary concern, maybe Philly would do it, idk. Trade deadline this season will be crazy.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah your first point is very fair. My only point there would be maybe they view Capela is the best player there and value 5 first rounders instead of youngsters that may have the wrong attitude (not saying it’s true, just if they decide not to trade with LA)

I thought about Philly not cooperating. But they know if they’re holding on to Simmons and Embiid they don’t stand a chance at Davis, and they know if it’s not us then it’s probably someone like LA or Toronto or Boston, so why not us if it nets them EG and Mirotic.

#65 Zoplicone, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I like your reasoning for Philly, thats pretty good.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Philly would do it no doubt. They probably become top of the East with Simmons Embiid Butler JJ EG and Niko.
    See the updated version where we also take SolomonHill for expirings.

HP3 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Nice work! Everything seems pretty realistical and acceptable to all sides... i hope there are not some obscure trade rules that would prevent this transaction