1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One thing nobody mentioned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rayrocket, May 4, 2014.

1. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

This could be my personal understanding and you guys may not agree.

One major mistake caused the first round failure is the 8 rotation. DMO should be given like 8 minutes a game so that DH and Asik can be more effective.
    To me, it is the exhausted Asik in the late 4th cost us the Game 6. DMO is not a great defensive player, but I do believe he is long and flexible enough to stay with LA.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's been mentioned... alot

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If Asik got abused by LMA, you best believe DMo would've been destroyed

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Teams tighten the rotation to 8 men in the playoffs.

It is very very normal.

5. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

6. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Asik was grabbing at people's arms and jerseys in the fourth quarter because he could hardly stand he was so tired, let alone rumble with Aldridge in the post. He made some costly, careless fouls. So yes, even 5 minutes of DMo would have helped Asik stay fresh. DMo did a good enough job guarding Aldridge during the regular season.

7. jdjd

jdjd Member

Mchale stated very clearly on the radio that he doesn't trust DMo.

8. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Well I don't trust McHale to make the correct adjustments

9. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

this ^^

10. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

DMo wouldn't have fared great.... BUT you best believe these games were coming down to the last minutes regardless. Just the nature of that beast.

So the question is Asik rest. For all the clear shortcomings on the last play, Dwight's free throws, whatever, Asik being gassed and then fouling out didn't help one bit.

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

i agree, McHale should've tried giving DMo some minutes when Asik and D12 was getting owned on the defensive end. we have three 7-footers on the team, and we were only utilizing 2 at most. sometimes only 1 because we're playing small-ball...i can't believe McHale thought small-ball was going to work. i saw Troy Daniels defending Robin Lopez in the post.... lol... hilarious.

anyway, before all this, we should have tried double-teaming LA in the post. McHale said that we tried this -- we def did not try. if we did, i never saw it happening.

either way, we should not have let LMA go for back-to-back 40+pt games. you don't let anyone get hot like that. my bet is that this guy will not be able to do that again for the rest of his playoff career.

13. MONON

MONON Member

Beat me to it. However, I thought DMo Should have played some to keep DH & Asik fresh. That's the only thing I disagreed with.

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The lose is only not about one rotation player, one shoot, one rebound or one turnover. If u guys only discuss those problem, u can always easily find the solution, the solution is always in details but it's not true.
    A team is win because the team plays good system and plays right basketball and has a good exec

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not true. DMo knows how to flop. Which would have drawn at least 2 extra fouls a game. Flopping wins Championships.

16. jlwee

jlwee Member

So Mchale don't trust DMo and he didn't play him. I guess he don't trust the rest of the bench as well. In this case, even the Rockets make it to the Finals or even WCF, the whole team will be dead tired.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And frankly who's fault is that? McHale has been coaching Motiejunas for 2 years now. You'd think McHale would be able to turn him into a trustable player within our system by now, but he hasn't. Motiejunas has the reputation of having a great work ethic and attitude towards getting better, him not being ready is coach milk hairs faut.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Phoenix Suns broke that tradition and they won a couple of series.