1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One last useless thread before pre season starts. Chris Paul will make ref's respect us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Oct 2, 2017.

?

Chris Paul will effect ref's play calling because he is president of the National Basketball Players

1. Yes. Chris Paul will get the Rockets of the NBA's Sh*Tlist.

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. No. I know Rockets preseason hasn't started yet but this thread is a bit rediculous. Ban OP.

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  1. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Yes, thats why we got him in the first place! Not for his 3pt shot, nor his mid game. We will get respect I need the playoffs. We will set the record for fouls shots in a season.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. bongman

bongman Member

If you say mostly, that means a majority is wrong because only one can be correct for this claim. How are you able to tell if you are correct in your assertion? Giving you a tip....The same way the other fans do.

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

respect us? ****, it's gonna be flop mania man.

no, not in the sexual way.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Getting the NBA to respect us? I doubt it. There's a chance that Tilman will be more well liked around the league than Les and that might open up some avenues, but refs have been giving Harden calls for a while now. They treat him like the superstar that he is until a pivotal game comes along. Then they abandon him and leave him (I think) feeling somewhat hopeless. Harden just needs to know how they're going to officiate the game.

What I think Chris Paul will do regarding refs? Chris Paul is a great communicator or at least a very willing communicator. My feeling is that Chris Paul will be the captain and he'll figure out what refs specifically are and aren't going to call fouls. That way, he can let Harden and the rest of the team know what they're likely to get and not get from officials.

OP, this was very far from a stupid thread. I'll say the opposite, good thought.

RudyTBag and pippendagimp like this.
  5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I actually don't care. Your premise that people think bad calls happen more often to their own team because of biases is as old as sports. Nothing new, nothing that I have not already thought about.

6. bongman

bongman Member

So what is the point of the thread if it is based on subjective reasoning? How can you complain about something that you can't tell whether its just happening in your head or if it is truly factual? If you can't, then the exercise is futile. Logic is a b****... i know. :)

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Egregious calls do happen in any sport on any level. Even "IF" the Rockets do indeed get the short end of the stick more than the other 29 teams in the NBA, so what? It is what it is.

Point being I've yet to see the refs' bias truly dictating the outcome of a game. Just like injuries, officiating is a part of the game. Please dont' reference the 2002(?) Kings Game 6 against the Lakers. That's the game that EVERYONE references when discussing "rigging". I don't deny the King's had it really bad that series against the Lakers, but I'll leave it at that.

My stance is, if a team loses a game, it's not because of the officiating (or lack thereof). There are countless other factors within the flow of the game that contributed to the outcome of the game. Even if/when the Rockets get HORRIBLE calls in critical game situations, the Rockets STILL could have done better in another facet of the game.....better and smarter possessions, Rebounding with effort, playing better defense...etc.

Bottom line, I don't like the refs but never blame them for a loss. The team that wins usually is the team that deserves to win for better or for worse.

David

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

So in other words, if what you say is true and does happen, then "we" as Rocket fans would be happy that we are no longer getting shafted on calls? What that usually entails is another team ends up getting shafted instead of the Rockets. How is that productive?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The rockets get more FTs than any team in the NBA. We are one of darling for the refs. Most other fan bases b**** about us getting calls. Yet people on here are b****ing about the refs?

10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No I mean I don't care about what you are saying. ;)

bongman likes this.
  11. MONON

MONON Member

Depends on how many of these he tries to pill off. He's not playing in the darling city where bspn has a major studio across the street from his arena any more. He's now playing in Houston - the pit of all pits - the scourge of all scourges. We already have a Barkley & Harden Rule. Very many more of these antics this season & we'll also have a Paul Rule. Houston Rockets - the team for whom rules are made! :mad:

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We will win and they won't. Productivity +1.