1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On what team, league or planet would these stats not win you the ire of every single fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxlove, May 4, 2013.

1. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Before I go guys, can you please "one star me" here?

I'm completely serious!

My other two threads have but one star each (I'm kind of proud of it in a bizarre way, I consider a badge I have earned:grin:), but not this one!!

NOT EVEN!:mad:
    [​IMG]

2. ERC

ERC Member

OK, I'll humor you. :)

You asked "What planet are we on?" and I answered "knee jerk reaction." My rationale: playing badly in one's first playoff series is not indicative of said player's level of talent/skills. A player could play badly in his first few playoff games but still went on to become a good/star player. Case in point: James Harden, who scored 0p in his first two playoff games on 0-for-5 shooting, but is now the face of the franchise and finishes 8th in this year's MVP ballot. (Steve Nash shot 2-for-9 from 3's in his first 2 playoff series too, FWIW.)

Lin's playoff performance was without a doubt disappointing (IMO he shouldn't even have played in Game 3), but to suggest there's a causal relationship between his play and our W-L record would be egregious/knee-jerk. I can think of many other factors that play a crucial role, such as:

1) Westbrook's injury
    2) OKC adjusting to being Westbrook-less
    3) Harden's shooting (31-for-87 or 35.6% in 4 Ls vs. 14-for-28 or 50% in 2 Ws)
    4) Our 3p shooting (44-for-140 or 31.4% in 4 Ls vs. 26-for-62 or 41.2% in 2 Ws)
    or even 4) Kevin Martin having an off-night in Game 5 (1-for-10)

There. :)

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Horrible thread, maybe you should have watched the whole season instead of just the playoffs.

4. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Sometimes when I feel the day is against me and that there are too many smart people in the world for me to compete against, I log into Clutchfans, read threads like this and arguments from people like the OP, and I immediately feel a lot better about myself :)

The internet - where stupid people gather and give out stupid opinions, and give positive confirmation and confidence to normal people :grin:

5. ERC

ERC Member

LOL!

The internet - where people with great sense of humor write posts late at night, and put a smile on the face of other insomniacs :)

6. seahawk

seahawk Member

Wish granted.