1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On what team, league or planet would these stats not win you the ire of every single fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxlove, May 4, 2013.

1. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

You are right about the first part, but I do not plan to respond to them any further now that my points have been made.

As for respect, it is earned, not merely given on a whim, or a command.

I respect him as a man and a human being.
    But, as a professional basketball player, being paid millions and on whom so many hopes have been riding ... let's just say he has a very, very long way to go ahead of him. I would definitely like to get the chance to once more respect his game, but that is just not possible for me to do right now.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

And the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!

Seriously, give Lin a break. Let him work on his 3pt shot in the offseason and we'll go from there. He still has the size and court vision to warrant consideration as our continued starting PG next year. Just a couple fatal flaws that aren't impossible to fix. We'll see how hard he works.

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

You can tell a crappy thread not by the thread title or the op, but by the replies and how they all look the same, thread after thread, year after year.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

We have one good player, Harden, we a couple decent players and mostly, at best, role players. It's hard to blame the PG when the team is lacking. There's too much relying on Lin, he's not that type of player, although most want him to be. Adding talent is the only way to improve Lin.

5. cw3k

cw3k Member

Statistics are not FACT. They are only FACT if everything is included. It is not FACT if it is cherry picking.

I can say the world become less violated since I was born, therefore I should be crowned ruler of the world because I bought peace to earth.

6. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

By the way, what is it exactly that makes people think that any criticism of Lin = blaming Lin exclusively for the series loss? The greatest blame goes to McHale, obviously. The rest of the burden is split up amongst the guys.

Seriously though, some of you rabid one-player fans, get a grip on yourselves. It is like you take criticism of this one particular player personally! Face it, he played BADLY.

And no, he did not single-handedly sink the Rockets-ship, and never did I say that (way to put words in my mouth) .. but he played no small part in putting this puppy to sleep. Do not kid yourself.

7. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Thanks for introducing Lin bashing to this forum, much appreciated, our intelligence much enhanced.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It's actually when LOHs read Lin threads they usually have their tongues in their bitter a-ho. When it's too bitter they spill the coffee.

Just kidding.

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Tough love.

11. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Very different situation, one has a minimal tear and the other has a deep bruise.

DRose's playing well these playoffs.

12. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Tongue in their own *******? That's a talent. That's something to be admired.

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He never said Beverley was the answer either.

14. novaman

novaman Member

Aahh- I get it!! :grin:

15. Spooner

Spooner Member

There is no such thing as a Loh. It is fictitious word made up by Jeremy Lin fans who can't handle critisizm.

1 person likes this.
  16. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

We are in agreement.
    So, to those who have done so already, kindly refrain from further labeling me a "hater" without cause, as you have been so prone to do to me and to countless others here with legitimate critiques of your favorite player. It says far more about you, when you call me a hater, then it does about me. It is revealing of the polarized way you think and what is in your heart.

See, when we criticize, we are actually loving more than hating. I WANT all of our players to improve!

It is easy to cast labels. But try coming up with a logical argument instead, and there will be much more mutual respect there to work with.

1 person likes this.
  17. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

yeah except we weren't. Variance is a b****. Martin, Jackson and Ibaka were bound to eventually have good games. Don't be dumb, you're embarrassing yourself.

18. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

That's all well and good expect for the fact that I don't give a rat's arse what you think.

19. ERC

ERC Member

In 09-10, there was a top-3 draft pick who scored a combined of ZERO point in his first two playoff games. In 26 minutes, he was 0-for-5 for 0 pt, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 4 fouls.

That player was... James Harden.

To answer your question, the planet you are on is called "knee jerk reaction."

20. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Hey, that's a good one actually! I haven't seen a RED HERRING here in a while!:grin: