1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On what team, league or planet would these stats not win you the ire of every single fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxlove, May 4, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't know if a guy struggling and getting injured in a playoff series (after a pretty decent regular season) is deserving of "ire." I'd have some "ire" for guys who just loaf and don't give effort. Don't think I'd waste my ire on this.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

THIS REAL CULPRIT HERE IS ******* JAMES ANDERSON.
    STEPS ON THE COURT, WE LOSE THE SERIES.
    obvious is Dleaguer

#yolo #numbersdontlie #mpgswag #imgoingtoneckmyselfbecauseweonlytookokctosixgames #youngestteaminplayoffs #linbeardparsonanity

3. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Come on guys, we've been blaming McHale for Lin sucking all season, lets go back to that.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Every time I go into a Lin thread, I see bickering among posters. That is a more telling correlation.

5. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

If Lin was as good as all the LOFs believe, then there wouldn't be any LOHs. There would only be LOFs and Rockets fans.

1 person likes this.
  6. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I don't recall seeing LOFs ****ting up the front page with inane threads like this one.

7. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

What? Read what I wrote again.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This will be in my sig one day.;)

9. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Toughness and energy player off the bench, Yes.
    Future star? Do u not watch enough basketball?

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's not blind adoration. he is a Rocket. he improved tremendously from the start of the season. He is a good part of the reason we made it to the playoffs. He is a humble man who will only get better.

11. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

[​IMG]

12. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

To those of you who felt so compelled to insult my intelligence here:

You pathetic ad hominem attacks mean nothing to me.
    (Ad hominem: Yet another amateur-level logical fallacy, which happens to be the oldest one in the book and a favorite fall back for when someone doesn't have ****e, and reacts based on emotion ... yeah, look it up).

13. Lihao

Lihao Member

i think you need to input the word #sarcasm in your posts, seem like lots of people don't understand what you're trying to do here :grin:

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Yep, agreed. Unfortunately, he has shown a great work ethic and ability to improve. I'm worried that if he keeps going at this rate, LOHs will be extinct in a couple of years. Then I think NAH, there are always gonna be Lin haters.

15. munco

munco Member

I'd agree with you if he were healthy and actually playing minutes, but he basically only played 1.5 games out 6 being healthy. He had a terrible game 1. Game 2 he was looking pretty good but then got hurt. Game 3 he tried to play but was obviously still injured. Doesn't play game 4 and 5. Plays a little in game 6 but still seems hurt.

Can't really blame a guy when he's injured for 90% of the series.

16. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

And by the way, since the inane regurgitations that I see so much of 'round these parts here are seriously causing me to question the reading comprehension levels and critical thinking skills of some of our resident knee-jerk responders, allow me to say this:

I do NOT hate Jeremy Lin as a person. Quite the contrary.

Based on what I have seen thus far, I too think that he is extremely intelligent, and capable of many, many things .. in due time. I take no issue with his personality, for he seems humble, kind, and genuinely passionate about the game.

But, all that is just simply not enough when it's playoff time.

You need to be HUNGRY AS HELL, and you need to rise up despite your adversity. Injured to the point that doing so is a no-go? Then you need to better communicate that to your coach, which I highly suspect Lin did not do.. but that is pure speculation and I could be wrong. Relying on blind faith is ok when you are a superstar that can perform right after an errant right hook to the jaw, but he is just not at that level yet.

He played TIMIDLY, which you just DO NOT DO during the playoffs. That sort of ball is suitable for the D-League, NOT the NBA. (nothing wrong with being in that league either, a fantastic way to hone one's skills and to work hard and win your way into the NBA and up to the top. A great proving ground..)

So, until he is ready to get back to facilitating like an F'n madman, guarding that ball with his life, apply full-court press like a bat out of hell, and running and gunning it with every last shred of energy he has, I will rip him a new one -as a player- and critique his every last step on the court, as I do with all of the other players. But only Lin is someone being treated like a special entity that must be handled with kid gloves by a certain subset here, and THOSE guys are responsible for the fracturing of this forum, not those os us who are just telling it like it is.

17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roxlove View Post
    1/7 GAME 1: LOSE
    3/7 GAME 2: LOSE
    1/6 GAME 3: LOSE
    OUT GAME 4: WIN
    OUT GAME 5: WIN
    1/4 GAME 6: LOSE

Just wondering. What planet are we on again?
    [​IMG]

Yes I agree, and people choose to ignore about Lin's contribution during the regular season. The only time this season we defeated OKC with a healthy Westbrooks was when Lin being the PG and he played great in that game.

18. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Please don't mind then too, when some of us rip you a new one for your short-term mindedness, your shallowness and your lack of perspective.

But hey, you seem to be proud of it, so we will just be forced to accept it :(

19. Roxlove

Roxlove Member

Those who attack my character, rather than my arguments, are not worthy of a response.

20. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

haha, and yet just skimming this thread i see PLENTY of these so-called undeserved responses...lighten up bro...it was a great season, dont let this be your lasting impression of it, and until hes traded or moves on, lin is a rocket, respect the jersey man