1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On what team, league or planet would these stats not win you the ire of every single fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxlove, May 4, 2013.

1. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Beverley is beyond criticism, friend. He's a future star in the making based on this past week.

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Let the off season belin.

3. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

A future superstar you mean?

It is obvious 0 asts were Lin's fault.

4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Oh, yes, of course. A superstar. Bev will be the next Gary Payton. Watch.

******* Lin, why can't we get rid of him. Hell, he's the reason Durant's 3 in Game 3 went in! I saw him blowing at it! :mad: And he gave Harden strep throat too.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It would happen on a team where that player started all of the games and helped a team that wasn't expected to make the playoffs get in the playoffs, and had enough heart to try and play despite an injury that prevented it.

6. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Did you go to the JCDenton school of statistics?

Graph please

7. jackycool

jackycool Member

Oh great, another Lin thread. Because we don't already have a million of those...

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lin is Asian, so I am going to defend him till I die and defer the blame onto people that are not Asian.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Uh, you're kinda late with the post there buddy. I'm not going to argue though because clearly Lin was completely healthy in the games he played and clearly correlation equals causation. Right?

10. novaman

novaman Member

yup. 1 assist in 72 minutes of play as starting PG over 2 game stretch has future star written all over it.

11. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Philosophy major that likes Lin... Superior lintellect

12. pnr

pnr Member

5 star thread. would read again

13. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Some posters are much more valuable to this board as lurkers.

14. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

[​IMG]

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

It's not about assists man. It's about hustle and aggressiveness and...stuff.

At least he played the whole series and in every game we won! Guess who played in each game we lost?

Ooo, burn. #rekt #flawlesslogic

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Posting while taking breaks between high school debate homework?

17. The RavenEffect

Lin got put on blast when he didn't play for NY when he was hurt. Now he mans up and plays hurt, and gets ****.

Why is Lin so polarizing? I don't get it.

18. hamletjin

hamletjin Member

Seriously, so sick of this site now, have to leave and I am VERY sure I am not the only one leaving.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guess what. Lin and Beverly are on the same team playing for the same goal. Lin doing well doesn't hurt Beverly, and Beverly doing well doesn't hurt Lin. For some reason fans have a tough time accepting that.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

True. But every figure in the history of history has been unfairly benefited or victimized by this. And it has certainly always been a part of sports. For example, clutchfans attacks on T-Mac as a 2nd round virgin was much more unfair than anything Lin has suffered this season. And he's certainly not close to being alone. This board has been like this since I started lurking back in the early 2000s.

What personally saddens me though, is that despite Jeremy Lin being an absolute class, who would never blame anyone besides himself for team failures, has a fan base that represent everything he holds against. I feel bad for Jeremy Lin that his fans give him such a bad name. The idea that correlation does not equal causation, along with any other logical reasoning, is defended vehemently on every thread in which accusation goes against Lin. To the point where his fans think Lin is somehow special in being "persecuted"(he's not obviously, as anyone who's been on any message board can attest). But at the same time, these same "fans" would use the same unfair reasoning when it comes to any other Rocket.

Sure, at no point was clutchfans ever considered the most logical or reasoned fanbase. But at least fans could vent frustrations on players without having gazillion replies giving sermons for being a hater.