1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On the Record With Greta Van Susteren

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thumbs, Jul 21, 2003.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Greta just interviewed Jameika Williams who was testifying what a nice guy Kobe Bryant was when they were dating. Greta questioned her on how they met and she didn't know whether it was inside the arena or afterward outside or any of the circumstances of how she first came to talk with him. She stumbled all over the place until she could get back to what seemed liked memorized lines.

Greta let her off the hook and didn't pursue this line of questioning. Now I wonder about her veracity and I wonder whether Bryant's camp didn't set that one up. Questions. Questions. I wonder if the prosecutor will bring her in as a witness and ask her under oath if she was paid for her testament.

PS: I forgot to mention that the five attorneys debating the case all agreed that the time line (from the time she went to the room to the time she came out in distress) was 20 minutes. They all agreed that is an extremely short time line for any kind of wooing and lovemaking.

This is why we need a judge and jury to determine the truthfulness of the witnesses, with the fear of incarceration for lying under oath..

#1 thumbs, Jul 21, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2003
  2. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Well said...

3. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

i wonder if she'll make an appearance on o'reilly...

4. thumbs

Greta and her four guests are all trial lawyers, not personalities. All were involved in high profile sports figure trials, including the O.J. Simpson trial.

In my haste to post I also forgot to add a curious tidbit. She said they never went out -- only went to his place where they were alone or with his parents. Ergo, there are no witnesses (save Bryant and family) who can corroborate her story.

#4 thumbs, Jul 22, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2003
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lying under oath is what . .. 1 year? Someone would take one
    for the team for a year [look at mobsters]

Maybe the Wooing and Lovemaking happened B4 they
    went to the room.

Rocket River

6. thumbs

You are right -- we need to bring back public flogging followed by the stocks.:D

Seriously, stiffer penalties for perjury are needed. As to what happened before, I do not know. However, so far as we are told at this point, she was on duty at the front desk.

7. foodworld

foodworld Member

I HATE that guy.