1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

On Relationships...Poll

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TTRocket, May 31, 2007.

1. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

For those who are married, engaged, or in a committed relationship: If you had a chance to start over(when you are young), would you look for someone different than the person you are with now? Would you prefer to "see what's out there" before committing? Discuss.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've done enough "seeing what's out there" and I'm pretty happy with my SO. Frankly, "seeing what's out there" gets pretty old after about....oh, 30-something years?

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

saying you would explore other options basically means you're admitting your relationship is a mistake. i'd like to see who'd be honest about that.

4. Buck Turgidson

I am a very lucky guy.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Nope.

All the previous woman in my life combined, including the p*rn star and the band skanks < my girlfriend

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Interesting thread - yesterday was my 1 year wedding anniversary. I won't lie and tell you that it has been all peaches and cream; hell, it has at times been the hardest year of my life. And I have had the thoughts run through my mind, "I made a mistake", but my wife and me have grown a lot through our marriage. And our relationship has made us stronger, so even though it is tempting to say "I wish I could have started over or see what else is out there", I truly believe that I am with the person that God wants me to be with.

One thing that I would have done differently, though, is probably dated my wife a little longer than I did. She thinks that no matter how long we dated, that we would still had some problems mainly due to the adjustment process. I disagree to an extent, but I do see where she is coming from.

7. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

grass is always greener on the other side. No relationship is perfect, and the sooner you realize that, the happier you'll be.

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That and that there are things about your spouse that you can't change - only they can change on their own. You accept them for not only the good but the bad as well. Once I realized this, I have been a lot happier (for the most part - I still have a relapse here and there).

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Likewise.

Evan

10. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I am seperated from my wife after 20 years. We were both dishonest to each other.

Would I have wanted anyone different? Hell no.

Looking back, I could've made better decisions on being a better husband, but I didn't. Such as life. I wouldn't have learned what I needed at this point in my life had last year not happened.

Or maybe I could have simply said, "no".

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

there is absolutely zero question in my mind i would stay with my wife. we'll celebrate 10 years in three weeks.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Absolutely not. I would maybe start over and change some things that have happened during the relationship, but I wouldn't trade Renee for anything.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Congrats, buddy! I think there's an Astros game that night if you wanna meet me at BW3. :p

14. hotballa

either that or "it wasn't me"

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

No way, no how, would I consider someone else. I just wish I would have known that I would meet my soulmate at 24, so I could have taken full advantage of my youth if you know what I mean.

16. WWR

WWR Member

The only thing wrong with Lindsey is...she is attached to me too much. She doesn't want me to hang out with my friends as much as I used to nor does she want me to go hunting and fishing as much as I would like but I couldn't ask for a better person.

She keeps me straight. She keeps me in church and she has turned me into a Godly man. :cool:

Probably the best thing that has happened.

Did I mention she will be a physical therapist when she graduates from Texas Womens University? :D

[​IMG]

17. Buck Turgidson

Well...according to this:

http://www.victorialodging.com/honeymoon/wedding_victoria.htm

the 10th anniversary is traditionally the "Tin (aluminum)" anniversary.

What is packaged in aluminum, you ask? Hmmm....

18. hotballa

That's every girl out there, regardless if they your soulmate or not :D

cept in my case, my wife doesn't let me go play halo or sing karaoke instead of the hunting and fishing thing. obviously Chinese people do things a bit differently here LOL

19. swilkins

Are you speaking for yourself?

I played every bit a part in the whole matter. I'm admitting it, because I believe it.

What do you mean by this response?

20. swilkins

That little girl in the background is fixing to go Firestarter on someone. :eek: