1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omri Casspi - 34 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Casspi's not in there to playmake. We have Lin, Harden, Brooks. He's in there to spread the floor and hit 3's...and every month it seems like he's getting worse at doing that. I think he's a decent offensive player but his new style of non-three, playmaking offense is not what the Rockets really need.

Our three point shooting has been pretty bad of late. The Atlanta game was no exception. Harden and Lin drive, and pass out; Howard posts, and passes out. That's our offense. Right now we need three point shooters.

On a separate note...Garcia was 1-7 today, 0-4 from three, also committed needless fouls

2. noone

noone Rookie

I'm glad I unintentionally napped in that game. Coach McHale has made reference that he doesn't know what some players are thinking. I think it probably keeping Omri Casspi off the court. Getting some playoff experience as well as some communication experience outside of basketball is what he needs for a successful year.

3. RikSmits

RikSmits Member

Some interesting stats in that article.

I wonder why Casspi didn't get more burn with Parsons out. Maybe they really want to use him exclusively as a stretch 4, not as a 3.

I think he can also be useful at the 3, in certain match-ups.

4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The guy is just solid. The kinda guy you need in the rotation.