1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Did you read the post ? he is a free agent this summer him BOSH & WADE. Lebron is trying to 3 peat will not talk ankh this summer until after this season. If they don't win it all and their big 3 breaks up ROCKETS ate the most attractive team with the cap space to get him here if morey gets guys on expiring contracts in these trades "hawes turner etc"

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The funny thing is, Philly fans are saying the same thing about us, in reverse. In part because they don't understand why they should acquire Asik if they need to enter full tankage.

3. AXG

AXG Member

I'd be happy with either of those, even more for both.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Wow, had no idea the big 3 could become free agents this Summer.

Look I admire your optimism here but you need to be realistic here. I do think that Morey won't trade for guys like Thad Young or Ilyasova because he wants to make sure he can retain flexibility but relying on the big 3 to breakup is a bit of a stretch. Only one of the 3 I could see moved is Bosh.

However if the Rockets do get someone like Milsap on a two year deal, I don't think that will scare Morey away at all. The scary part is realizing how hard it might be to move Lin if they ever had to at any point. That's obstical #1.

Also we aren't even really digging deep into the cap situation when talking about clearing cap space for a MAX contract. We would literally have to gut every contract on the roster including Lin, jones, d mo, etc etc. it can be done but until there is any inclination that the Rockets have even the slightest shot at a max free agent this Summer it's business as usual and Morey will only focus on getting the best deal possible right now that maintains financial flexibility.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Philly fans are pretty confused about everything right now, but the funny thing is they could be a very good team in the East overnight. They have prepared for a year of sucktatood and are shocked to see a young team playing decent basketball.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they are major players at the trade deadline if a big name comes available.

Asik to Philly they don't want cause they are all in on Jabari & Wiggins mentally but knowing guys like Hinkie and Morey they cannot help themselves by getting good players and being good because of it. It's virtual impossible for these guys to truly tank so you might as well be good.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

cool yeah we're on the same page, I'm not saying Lebron is coming to Houston his summer lol, but if heat don't win this year I would say its a 50% chance "same thing goes with bosh" morey likes him and tried to get him here before

signing Howard makes everything easier now that we have 2 Allstars with playoff experience here.

Cap space is not that hard, morey could make it happen just like he cleared room for Howard this summer getting rid of WHITE & ROBINSON, asik already one foot out and if he could move Lin that's $16,500,00 right there, between those 2 guys. Jones or dmo 2014-2015 contract $1,500,000-2,000,000 move one and were at $18,000,000.

Lebron has plenty of money from endorsements. But if he wants $20,000,000 I'm sure Howard would reconstruct his to get it done. Howard wants a ring just as bad as Lebron wants more so some kind agreement would be met if morey brings the guys to the table just how pat did with the heat. Lebron didn't take FULL MAX there he just wanted to make sure they could all have him bosh & wade.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hey also factor in the contract we will give Parson after this season. Im thinking around 8-11 million a year.

I would love to have Lebron but I dont think Howard would reconstruct his contract. If so, we talking 4-6 Million pay cut for Howard LOL..

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Parsons is not up this summer, it's 2015 summer when love & LMA are free agents

2014 summer it's bosh, Lebron, melo

everything still depends on if the heat don't win this year & if morey gets expiring contracts through the upcoming trades

9. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

None of the big three are coming to Houston. :lmao: you guys are hilarious.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Reconstruct a contract? Wtf, this ain't the NFL

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Lebron doesn't need to join other teams now to join ready made stars, if he stays in Miami their will be players queuing up to play with him for a discount

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Tim Duncan did it, & dirk has told Cuban he will if he can get players to come there Dallas, if they signed Howard this summer he was going to do it. If u think we don't have a chance at bosh or Lebron with $19,000,000 cap space this summer with out a reconstruct I would like to know if they leave MIA who has better chance with the "cap space" ?

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Not stars ...players.

Wade doesnt have much left. Bosh is it, and I do not think he is preforming at the level Lebron would want.

If you were lebron and you were about to lock yourself in somewhere for another 3-4 years.

Chalms, Allen, Bosh, Wade, Beasly and hardly any draft picks going forward

or

Harden, Howard, Parsons, bev, jones, lin and all our draft picks plus some?

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Meant to write you the 1st time Tim Duncan did it, & dirk has told Cuban he will if he can get players to come there Dallas, if they signed Howard this summer he was going to do it. If u think we don't have a chance at bosh or Lebron with $19,000,000 cap space this summer with out a reconstruct I would like to know if they leave MIA who has better chance with the "cap space" ?

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You can best believe Parson's agent is lobbying for him to get a nice contract next season. Especially if Parson keeps playing the way he is playing and if we go deep into the playoff's/or win the Chips.

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Here's an article from the 12 year olds site just realeased. ;)
    http://sbn.to/19o1JFa

Trade Rumor: Rockets have deal in place with Sixers involving Omer Asik

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>Timmy re-signed for a cap friendly contract, not reconstructed. Dirk will likely do the same this summer. Thus, they wanted Dwight to endure one year of max contract dirk before going in on FA this summer. </p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p>You can't restructure a contract in the NBA like Andre Johnson did this past summer. Dwight had his chance at signing a less-than-max contract but didn't; no bigggie.</p>

18. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I wish we could get like a Z-Bo or Boozer type player but they are so pricey with those bad contracts, they would solve the defensive rebounding issue and will give enough space for Dwight to do his post stuff.Those two guys are always consistent.

19. valorita

valorita Member

Verajao is a guy that Morey has coveted before and is a perfect fit for this team.
    He is a high rebound guy, great motor, superb in the p&r, moves well without the ball, good touch around the basket, can fill in spot minutes at the backup C, occasional 18ft jumper range, great teammate, contract fits timeline, does the dirty work, flops with the best of them.
    He is a little taller and less skilled version of Scola.

Is a little injury prone though. I feel like Morey would want a pick back with Verajao and that this would mean the team has great faith in T Jones moving forward.

Bev/Lin
    Harden/Garcia
    Parsons/Cassipi
    Jones/Dmo
    Howard/Verajao

add an impact swing player and this is a legit contender

20. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

One can dream. Dwight didn't want to be here either...