1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

LEBRON

1. If morey trades for expiring deals with (Lin & asik) gone by summer
    2. if we look good in playoffs in the west
    3. heat don't win it all this year
    4. we will be the only team with the cap room, 2 stars here already, a established playoffs team. This will be very attractive to LEBRON vs any other team if he decides to test out the waters in free agency this summer
    5. Bosh, wade, Lebron can all leave this summer

2. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Trade with Sam Hinkie means Morey lose this time.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron, Wade, Bosh came together not only because of their Superfriendship also because Riley was a famous mastermind.

Morey is a mastermind of geeks (known Dork Elvis) but he isn't the personality, the guy that stands out with his appearance and grandeur.

And Alexander is laughing like a mad man. So there goes the personality advantage.

4. Play07

Play07 Member

if they don't win it all all that doesn't matter, Lebron doesn't have to get guys together to win this summer, he can just walk right into it here with PARSONS, BEV, HARDEN, HOWARD already on contract. He hasn't played in the west either. I say we have the BEST chance out of any team if he decides to leave this summer. Bosh is 2nd option, I'm sure morey knows all this so I'm watching to see if we only trade asik for expiring contracts.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm warming to the idea of Hawes more and more. A stretch 5 that can add legit scoring punch on the 2nd unit.

Hawes
    Casspi
    Garcia
    Lin
    AB

off of the bench and you have multiple players that can take the ball to the basket (Lin, Casspi, AB) plus every single one of them can stroke it from the 3 point arc. That unit would not give you much on the defensive end but they should be able to provide a ton of scoring (providing Garcia ever finds his stroke).

6. ryebread

ryebread Member

Why would Lebron want to move to the West? If he stays in the East, he's guaranteed a #1 or 2 seed and homecourt through at least the ECF. He'll have at least a couple dozen games where he can sit out the entire 4th quarter and other games that he'll able to sit out entirely. These nights off will help him as he gets into his 30s.

Of course there's no guarantee that the Eastern Conference will remain as weak as it has been, but so long as Charlotte, Toronto, Atlanta, etc... remain in the East, they'll be weak for a while.

7. makio9

makio9 Member

You can't honestly want Spensor Hawes? The whole problem with Dwight and Asik was a lack of spacing. The exact same problem will happen with Hawes.

Thad Young is an undersized PF, something the Rox can't seem to get away from, but he would work well with Howard and have obvious stretch the floor appeal with his shooting. He's only 25 and has 5 years experience. He scores around 18 points a game.

Thad looks great if we can't get Paul Millsap.

8. Play07

Play07 Member

Bosh, wade, Lebron just make take other routes if they don't win it this year. It just happens, Lebron is all about championships

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was thinking the same. He is guaranteed EC finals every darn year without maximum effort.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We can't even win against the Clippers and against the Blazers constantly.

11. psingh34

psingh34 Member

I think he would be open to trading to a western conference team also especially if he thinks he can get value. I just dont think he will trade to teams that he feels we will be contending with in the playoffs and having asik would erase our competetive advantage over them.. Teams that are weak at the 5 like portland and okc (okc more than portland) would take away our competitive advantage at the center position with asik. Just think, howard destroyed lopez but if asik is on him, they can play 1 on 1 and still lock down the perimeter players.

Asik is only a liability for teams that do not have 4 good offensive players bc then having him gives you 2 bad offensive players (Esp farther away from the basket)

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We badly need good defensive rebounder to pairup with Dwight.It's crazy how many offensive boards and second and third chance points we conceed..

13. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

So would you trade him to Dallas?

14. ryebread

ryebread Member

Lebron showed last season that he doesn't need Wade or Bosh to win a championship. Put the current Lebron on his old CLE team and he wins every year. His game has developed that much since then. He could play for Charlotte next year and they would be the favorites to win the East.

It's an easier road to a championship if he stays in the East. He'll be in better shape health-wise, as will his teammates, and whoever they face in the West will be beat up by the time they get to the finals.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I don't make fun of the Cats anymore. They are amongst the best defensive teams in the NBA. Clifford was JVG's in Houston after all.

16. psingh34

psingh34 Member

so both are signed up for long deal, both are young (Esp harden) why do we have a short window now?

17. psingh34

psingh34 Member

lebron doesnt win last year if its not for bosh. Bc of bosh, west did nto leave his man to help on lebrons drive against the pacers that beat them at the buzzer. Bc of bosh pop elected to go with a quicker defender leading to an offensive rebound that ray allen hit a 3, which came after lebron had missed 2 3 pointers. Lebron is AWESOME but to say he does not benefit from the talent around him is ludicrous

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not a lengthy one so I would say a medium length window.

5-6 years if we can get another star at the end

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why are people here waisting their time dreaming about Lebron?? The guy is looking to 3 peat. He's not going anywhere. Get your head out of the clouds .

20. Oracle

Oracle Member

I would be very happy with Hawes as well. However, I don't think he comes with a pick. Actually. I believe that there are only two possibilities. It's a player with a bad contract + pick or a good player without a pick.