1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

People said the same thing about lebron and wade.

2. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I know Morey doesn't like player options, but rumors are Memphis is trying to trade Zach Randolph. He has a player option in 2014/2015. We could trade him again in the summer.

Rockets IN: Zach Randolph & Kosta Koufos
    76ers IN: Jeremy Lin & Omer Asik
    Grizzlies IN: Thaddeus Young & Evan Turner

Doubt this happens, but it's fun to speculate.

3. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

haha, someones GM/Team is getting hosed.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That trade would be awesome.

5. Yellow

Yellow Member

Apparently, Jeff Green and Bass are guys we could use and in case of a Sixers trade, we will probably move Young to a third team because of salary and us having to extend Parsons.

6. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

What is a true pass first 9APG point guard going to do for this team? Harden doesn't play off the ball. Rondo and Harden would be about as effective as Kobe and CP3

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Harden can most certainly play off the ball. He is an elite catch and shoot guy. He just needs to be motivated to move without the ball. He probably will be more motivated when he has Rondo setting him up in fine fashion. l don't believe we can win a championship with Jeremy Lin as creator number 2.

The only thing that Lin does better than Rondo is score. Time to bring in Rondo and put Bev back in his energizer bunny bench roll.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The fact that the FO was clamoring to get CP3 this summer suggests (at least to me) that Harden would be asked to defer to an elite PG. I highly doubt they'd have brought CP3 in with the intention of asking him to play off ball or come off the bench.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Randolph is the ultimate all in play. Morey hates player options and he's aging but it likely makes you a legit contender for the next two years.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Rondo is a pass first type player which means he'll probly get more assist then points

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden moved fine off the ball in Okc. Plus Rondo wIll get him the ball with enough time on the clock to be able to make his moves instead of him shooting it with a couple of seconds left.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Exactly.

13. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

I am would be more worried about how Rondo fits with Dwight tho.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If Rondo is available and unquestionably healthy I don't believe for a second that Morey wouldn't make a serious offer for him.

If anybody knows that it's about talent first and team chemistry second, it's Morey. Remember all those questions about the Miami big three when they signed? That worked out okay for them.

A guy like Rondo might add years onto harden's prime -- Harden could do a lot more spotting up and less crashing into the lane. The personalities may take a while to mesh, but I think Rondo could be a nice contrast to Harden's calm and Howard's jolly demeanor's.

15. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Chemistry is a bit overrated.

Shaq and Kobe won 3 championships and we all know how much love those 2 had for each other.

16. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Would be a highway robbery for the Rockets, but I don't see why the 76ers would want Lin when they have a younger, better, and much cheaper PG in MCW.

17. dje243

dje243 Member

Kosta Koufos to me is like the perfect backup center.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Play07

Play07 Member

I know morey wants him, even though people say rondo/harden won’t work, I would go as far as saying harden/howard wants him here also. Harden played with Durant and westbrook which is a shoot first PG. Rondo has played with pierce, he loves to ISO.

The problem is other teams will have more to offer as of now. If danny gives him up he will want picks. The heat want crawford and kings already have picks, players and thomas to get rondo "kings and Rondo rumors are already out"

Morey dream is to get picks for asik and a expiring contract like "hawes" so he can make a play for rondo at deadline in FEB. with the picks + lin. When the asik trade rumors first broke, what did we hear morey wanted ? PICKS

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dream all you want but Rondo's personality would be the death of whatever Locker room chemistry we have cultivated.

How can you possibly think he'd "mesh" with Harden and Howard if his personality made him the odd man out in the all-business Celtics?

Would Morey acquire him? He'll definitely try

Should Morey acquire him? NO x 1,000,000