1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

Brinkmanship. Give us what we want now or Asik's gone on Dec 19.

[​IMG]

2. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

If Morey holds out till the evening of Dec 18. I think I am going to have to pull an all nighter like the Dwight Thread.

The suspense is killing me! Hurry up Morey the Mob is getting restless!

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If Turner gets moved here, I want him manning the 2nd unit with Lin. The starters already work extremely well together (when healthy).

Our bench becomes incredibly problematic when shots aren't falling and there are no creators. All evidence has pointed to utilizing Garcia for matchup purposes and when he is making his treys.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Maybe Morey should just say "All bets are off. We're keeping Asik."

Really, the team plays so inconsistently even with Howard in. We need as many warm bodies as we have to be competitive. Maybe it's even time to call up Canaan and Covington for a few games.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

Only speculation but even that's not recent.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....and-deng-frustrated-with-bulls-medical-staff/ Kurt Helin
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--d...uld-help-mend-fracturing-bulls-081117937.html Woj

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We can extend him next year which will make him a RFA the following year. Teams can go over the cap when signing their own RFA.

If we don't extend him next year, he will become an UFA the following year. Will drive up the bidding war for him.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Tellem 'bout those Bird Rights

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

And what about the defensive liability Parsons or Green/Deng would face going up against Aldridge, Griffin, and Duncan?

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Good point. But what about the defensive liability Aldridge, Griffin, and Duncan would face going up against Green/Deng?

10. basketballholic

Deng is one of the best, most versatile defenders in the NBA.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Deng is earning 14 million. That would require both Lin and Asik, and it wouldn't leave much room for roster fiddling.

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken, Asik would be a 15m dollar cap hit for them next year as well. For a backup center going to a team that is sensitive towards the luxury tax, it seems unlikely they would take that hit.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Boston wants wants Asik and picks. Philly wants picks period and we want Rondo. Rondo to us, Lin and Asik to Boston philly gets gets whatever including picks.

14. basketballholic

Actually one of Lin/Asik plus Brewer is all the salary you would need. And Chicago really should do a deal like Lin/Jones for Deng. But I suspect they're gonna pass on that and wait to the deadline. At the deadline Lin and Asik will both likely be gone already so a deal for Deng would probably come down to taking Boozer off their hands as well with expiring salaries. We'd probably have to have back picks or Mirotic.

15. Panda23

Panda23 Member

you are mistakened. It's 8m.

Payment is 15m.

16. ryebread

ryebread Member

Parsons should never play the 4. I know you're all going to point to Delfino playing the 4 "successfully" last season, but that was during regular season. This team should be focused on the playoffs. You can't have Parsons playing the 4 in the playoffs. Parsons cannot cover Timmy, LMA, Blake, Lee, Ibaka, etc... We need a 4 in the playoffs that can box out and get defensive boards when Dwight goes for the block.

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Deng or Parsons can easily come off the bench with Jones starting.It's a moot point as I don't see us targeting Deng. I have a feeling Morey is hot on Rondo's trail. He wanted Paul because he thinks Harden can coexist with a ball dominance elite point so Rondo might be out of the left target no one suspected.

18. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

'We' meaning you and basketballholic (no offense to him, he's a pretty good poster)?

19. Coherent

Coherent Member

If we could pull a trade with Asik to get another star, like Rondo or Kevin Love, I would cry. We should trade Dwight for Love, and the Asik and Lin for Rondo!

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It's clear that with Lin or bev this team needs a true playmaker. They are solid, but in Norway they are in Rondos league. They don't or won't make this team elite. AI know you are an a LOF, so sorry about the truth.Morey busted his ass to get rid of Lin in the offseason to get Paul and I get the feeling he is after. Rondo.